• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New charge on outstanding disguised remuneration loans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
    I am a little behind the 8 ball here but how much influence do the Treasury Select Committee on pushing through 'HMRC' bills through parliament? Or do they remain neutral?
    My local MP was one of the MPs who was on the Treasury Select Committee in 2008 that passed BN66/S58.

He was not aware of what he passed.

Once in the finance bill it has to become law or its a vote on no confidence in the government.

HMRC get what they want.

Comment

Treasury select committee has no direct intervention powers over the Finance Bill.

The FB is debated by a committee before going back to the ratified.

The Treasury Committee may wring their hands over a lack of proper consultation and administer a light tap on the wrist of Osbourne for minor infringements, but they're his lapdog and do as they're told.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
      X