• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm coming to the conclusion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm coming to the conclusion...

...that the only way to avoid being clobbered is to leave the country.

I'm not advocating this. Just highlighting how fast other options are running out.

HMG/HMRC are determined to extract (extort?) the money from people one way or another.

First there were APNs, now the tax charge on outstanding loans.

HMRC initially said they were going to litigate against schemes on the basis that the loans were taxable income. Now it's a case of sod that, we'll just tax the loans instead.

Even if Rangers eventually win their appeal at the Supreme Court it may prove fruitless if the loans can be taxed in 2019 anyway.

Ho hum.

Agreed.

They are just going all out to ruin people.

People who thought they got away without a DA/COP 8 will get hit with charge on the outstanding loans and they hoover up all the people they missed. Negotiated settlement - forget it.(IMO)

Struggling to see how this will end well...hope to be proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

I'm not advocating this. Just highlighting how fast other options are running out.

HMG/HMRC are determined to extract (extort?) the money from people one way or another.

HMRC initially said they were going to litigate against schemes on the basis that the loans were taxable income. Now it's a case of sod that, we'll just tax the loans instead.

Even if Rangers eventually win their appeal at the Supreme Court it may prove fruitless if the loans can be taxed in 2019 anyway.

Ho hum.
      Wise words, as always.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

I have noved to south east asia. Transferred assets into my siblings' names. Will never return to england.

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
          I have noved to south east asia. Transferred assets into my siblings' names. Will never return to england.
          Drastic, but good luck.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Drastic, but good luck.
            Work for a UK company on twice my UK salary. 15% tax. 10hr flight to Europe. Suptropical climate. Wish I'd done it 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
              Work for a UK company on twice my UK salary. 15% tax. 10hr flight to Europe. Suptropical climate. Wish I'd done it 10 years ago.
              Wow, top result. Well done. I believe many will follow you the next few years.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Ho hum.

"UK is losing its highly skilled workers, we have to do something".

By David Cameron*

*Bee pretending he is DC.

Comment

What do people think the likelihood of the new tax on outstanding EBT loans making it through to legislation?

Comment

100%

Comment

Working...
                    X