• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professionalism, integrity, humanity...

Three words that are to HMRC as holy water is to vampires

(especially the later)
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Enough already guys.

We do a professional job to the best of our ability and are making progress. (BG has an end of year newsletter waiting for a few final tweaks).
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

My previous post was actually validating what Mr Dennis wrote. Very happy to be represented by WTT as we share these values.
        Sorry if it was not evident.

Comment

I wish everybody a better 2016 than 2015 and urge you all to support each other and continue to seek justice and fair play in the in the teeth of bureaucratic indifference and prejudicial policies.

I fear 2016 will be another testing year but one that, with perseverance and determination, will bring some rewards in the future.

Big Group wishes all a Happy New Year.

(No, me neither).

Comment

What next?

Is a question we get a lot.

It appears that we are in a period in which the APN flurry is slowing, reps made are being accepted or rejected and we are moving into the "collection" phase when HMRC/DMB can take action if the APN is not paid.

There are a number of war stories here but generally it appears as though an uneasy truce has broken out where DMB is not taking any overt action to recover cash. (I have not seen any evidence of this personally but willing to be corrected).

Many BG members are discussing options for payment (including non payment) and what that means for them and their families.

We are arranging for an expert insolvency practitioner to speak with our members and perhaps walk us through a case study. Date unclear yet but obviously soon. Probably a webinar so that we can ensure that we have no HMRC moles intruding.

We will be able to share some of that knowledge outside BG and I'll report back in due course. There may however be limits to that.

(No, me neither).

Comment

So - new to this forum and a question...

...what do I need to do to ensure that I participate in any action BG undertakes?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB99 View Post
                ...what do I need to do to ensure that I participate in any action BG undertakes?
                Become a member of BG.
                Simple.

Comment

What are the next steps

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  I've read a couple of pieces of advice on how to 'correspond' with HMRC, but I am so glad to have found people that are incensed by these 'robber barons'

Is it a simple matter of joining Big Group?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocaster View Post
                    I've read a couple of pieces of advice on how to 'correspond' with HMRC, but I am so glad to have found people that are incensed by these 'robber barons'

Is it a simple matter of joining Big Group?
                    Unfortunately nothing is simple when dealing with HMRC.
                    Joining Big Group is a good start though.
                    Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

I've got to add my comments here too. BG is helping me get through this and I urge anyone that isn't a member already but in the same mess to join up.

Comment

Working...
                      X