• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully signed up

Membership payment works fine but (I have emailed separately) for me the subscription bit through PP fails miserably. I tried 3 times and quit for now, maybe its because you need to authorise my membership?

Anyhow, good to be on board and assist where appropriate. I have a lot of research material which may or may not be useful including HMRC committee notes and commentary from Gaukes etc - not insider just FOI - I also have some useful "contact points" within the EU parliament + the HR courts (HMRC were so so confident on this one! ) {if} we ever need them.

Lots of different angles and with the BIG plus faction groups etc, our arsenal just got a whole lot heftier for this moronic retrospective nonsensensical attack by Hector. Battle lines drawn

Comment

Webinar

Did the webinar get uploaded to the WTT site? I couldn't find it anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by chubacabra View Post
        Did the webinar get uploaded to the WTT site? I couldn't find it anywhere
        NOt yet - will be there today.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

"Hi All,
          I received enquiry letters 1.5 yrs back for around £35K.

I contacted HMRC, send them proofs and the amount was proven to be £17K. There was a letter from HMRC to confirm this.

But, I received an APN recently with an amount mentioning £35K. I am not sure why HMRC does not have any records except bugging for money and worst part is they call this threat as Lawful.

I already sent a letter but no response so for. Could you please kindly advice what are the possible actions that I could take on this."

Thanks for your suggestions.

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          You need to consult a professional adviser as soon as possible

All do respect Webberg I would have thought you would have known how HMRC are setup and their inherent limitations. Advising individuals to seek an professional advisor could be very costly.

If you don't know already HMRC have setup two departments; settlements and APNs. They do not share the same databases and 'customers' need should treat them as separate entities. The APN department was setup recently so therefore do not have on record previous correspondence - all you need do is write to them with the same information (evidence) that you gave settlement team and they will update their records and send you a new APN. Be sure to make representations against the APN for being the incorrect value.

Save yourself hundreds (and maybe thousands) and stay clear from professional tax advisers who are all to willing to write a few lines in a letter for a huge fee.
          If you go JR route then sure join a group but I wouldn't waste time and money on professional advice on what is very easy administration.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
            "Hi All,
            I received enquiry letters 1.5 yrs back for around £35K.

I contacted HMRC, send them proofs and the amount was proven to be £17K. There was a letter from HMRC to confirm this.

But, I received an APN recently with an amount mentioning £35K. I am not sure why HMRC does not have any records except bugging for money and worst part is they call this threat as Lawful.

I already sent a letter but no response so for. Could you please kindly advice what are the possible actions that I could take on this."

Thanks for your suggestions.

All do respect Webberg I would have thought you would have known how HMRC are setup and their inherent limitations. Advising individuals to seek an professional advisor could be very costly.

If you don't know already HMRC have setup two departments; settlements and APNs. They do not share the same databases and 'customers' need should treat them as separate entities. The APN department was setup recently so therefore do not have on record previous correspondence - all you need do is write to them with the same information (evidence) that you gave settlement team and they will update their records and send you a new APN. Be sure to make representations against the APN for being the incorrect value.

Save yourself hundreds (and maybe thousands) and stay clear from professional tax advisers who are all to willing to write a few lines in a letter for a huge fee.
            If you go JR route then sure join a group but I wouldn't waste time and money on professional advice on what is very easy administration.
            Then I'm very confused.

I know how HMRC are organised and the situation you're in doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

You clearly understand that you have to engage with the HMRC engine and how to do it.

You clearly have a view that professional advisers are expensive and not value for money.

I'm not therefore very clear why you are asking this forum for advice? Advice on what? If you think you can do the job that a professional does for a fee (and your note demonstrates enough knowledge to take you into the process at least) what are you actually asking for?

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              Then I'm very confused.

I know how HMRC are organised and the situation you're in doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

You clearly understand that you have to engage with the HMRC engine and how to do it.

You clearly have a view that professional advisers are expensive and not value for money.

I'm not therefore very clear why you are asking this forum for advice? Advice on what? If you think you can do the job that a professional does for a fee (and your note demonstrates enough knowledge to take you into the process at least) what are you actually asking for?
              I wasn't asking for advice. The question (cut n pasted, top paragraph) comes from a member earlier in the thread in which you responded. There doesn't appear to be a button for a quote of a quote!

Comment

Just joined. PayPal took my reoccurring payment straight away as well rather than on the first.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
                  "

Personally, I don't think £18pm for the amount of professional advice and campaigning the BG is offering is a considerable amount. It would cost the individual a lot, lot more than that to achieve the same results. We are not talking just guidance on how to make representations to HMRC here. I could list all that is on offer, but it is all available on this forum already.
                  STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by typod View Post
                    Just joined. PayPal took my reoccurring payment straight away as well rather than on the first.
                    Drop me a line and we'll repay it

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                      Personally, I don't think £18pm for the amount of professional advice and campaigning the BG is offering is a considerable amount. It would cost the individual a lot, lot more than that to achieve the same results. We are not talking just guidance on how to make representations to HMRC here. I could list all that is on offer, but it is all available on this forum already.
                      For the record I was not referring to the Big Group - which is very useful for those needing advice. Webberg is offering a good service from the sounds of it. I was more implying the services of other dis-concerning firms who will gladly charge huge one-off fees for doing practically nothing other than administration.

Comment

Working...
                      X