• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying APN in instalments - penalties?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    If HMRC are prepared to take other creditors into account in this instance. As I've mentioned in a previous thread, last time I had dealings with a TTP HMRC didn't care about my credit card bills, they only took living costs into account so I had to go on a DMP. But I actually owed them the money that time. This time it's different (yes I understand that an APN is legally enforceable blah blah). We'll see what they say.
    How would you stand in this situation....

No assets at all. The house and mortgage are in the Mrs' name. Cars are in the Mrs' name and all bills. What could HMRC do in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      I'm not sure I understand the question but I've answered the question...
      I didn't think it through. However you did answer it. It is very likely the apn would be issued to an individual (rather than Ltd co).

Therefore it would need to be paid with post tax money. From this respect could you argue for a payment plan on the basis you draw minimum salary/dividend from Ltd Co?

Has anyone successfully arranged such a plan while still operating a Ltd co?

Comment

Originally posted by dmuk View Post
        I didn't think it through. However you did answer it. It is very likely the apn would be issued to an individual (rather than Ltd co).

Therefore it would need to be paid with post tax money. From this respect could you argue for a payment plan on the basis you draw minimum salary/dividend from Ltd Co?

Has anyone successfully arranged such a plan while still operating a Ltd co?
        Not tried it personally but willing to try.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
          How would you stand in this situation....

No assets at all. The house and mortgage are in the Mrs' name. Cars are in the Mrs' name and all bills. What could HMRC do in this case?
          Since when in Mrs name? As far I know knowingly try to move assets into a relatives name to save from debtors can lead to criminal offence. Be very careful on this path - it is not as easy and rosy as it might look initially.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
            Since when in Mrs name? As far I know knowingly try to move assets into a relatives name to save from debtors can lead to criminal offence. Be very careful on this path - it is not as easy and rosy as it might look initially.
            Non of it has been moved in to her name. It has always been the case that it was in her name from day dot so never transferred. So I'm just wondering if they can touch any of it?

Comment

May be not then if it is her money.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                Not tried it personally but willing to try.
                You seem to know a bit about TTP - any links or pointers on where I can get info about this? I can't see anything definitive on HMRCs website or in any threads here. Exactly what do you have to do to get TTP , will it only be granted after you've sold all your assets? Must I be homeless or mortgaged to the hilt before they'll consider?
                And whilst I'm asking, looking on the bright side, when the court case is won and HMRC have to pay us back the APN, do they refund the interest we've had to pay on loans/mortgages taken out to fund payments made to them? Or are we in a lose-lose situation here, as I suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle View Post
                  You seem to know a bit about TTP - any links or pointers on where I can get info about this? I can't see anything definitive on HMRCs website or in any threads here. Exactly what do you have to do to get TTP , will it only be granted after you've sold all your assets? Must I be homeless or mortgaged to the hilt before they'll consider?
                  And whilst I'm asking, looking on the bright side, when the court case is won and HMRC have to pay us back the APN, do they refund the interest we've had to pay on loans/mortgages taken out to fund payments made to them? Or are we in a lose-lose situation here, as I suspect?
                  You are not expected to be homeless, penniless or destitute for TTP.

It's meant to be a position that may hurt for a while but not drive you to the brink of desperation.

Yes, we do some TTP stuff.

On my pro bono slate I have perhaps 3 slots left - first come, first served.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                  X