• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you cant pay an APN, would the judge rule in favour of bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smeg35 View Post
    Get divorced in London. Great advice
    After taking part in a part in a scheme that is circumspect the best thing is to follow this with further circumspect steps

How about pay the HMRC what is due like most if the British public
    i might be relatively new on this forum but posting your reply with only 6 prior posts suggests you dont have an understanding of what we are talking about. I will somehow pay the tax i am supposed to pay, but not everyone can magic tens of thousands of pounds out of thin air (within 3 months) in relation to a debt from 10 years ago that is not even proven to be owed.

Comment

Originally posted by chr16v View Post
      i might be relatively new on this forum but posting your reply with only 6 prior posts suggests you dont have an understanding of what we are talking about. I will somehow pay the tax i am supposed to pay, but not everyone can magic tens of thousands of pounds out of thin air (within 3 months) in relation to a debt from 10 years ago that is not even proven to be owed.
      Do not engage with this type of troll - ever. You'd be wasting precious seconds of your life.
      Unless you can come up with an equally pernicious statement to rile him/her.
      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Get divorced in London. Great advice
        After taking part in a part in a scheme that is circumspect the best thing is to follow this with further circumspect steps

How about pay the HMRC what is due like most if the British public

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
          Do not engage with this type of troll - ever. You'd be wasting precious seconds of your life.
          Unless you can come up with an equally pernicious statement to rile him/her.
          He/she started off on an entirely different tack in this thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2080034

Probably a wind-up merchant.

Comment

As I said in another thread:

Originally posted by flamel View Post
            Can I set up a sockie and say "This 'ere contracting malarkey seems like a right good idea. I came across "Dodd Gee (IoM) Shedloadsamoolah" umbrella company and they say I don't have to pay any tax at all. Do you think it's a good idea? I feel like a right plonker not being a contractor, paying all that PAYE.....etc".

I wonder who would do that sort of thing?

Comment

I apologise for my post, wasn't trying to troll. Maybe my naivety got the better of me (much like my spelling and grammar).

I am new to this contracting world and it's hard to understand the complexities when reading the posts as on one hand you get told:
              - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

But on the other hand get message:
              - it's tax efficiency and within the rules

Was not my intention to derail the forum topic. I will continue reading as ultimately I want to contract in the most tax efficient manner but with little to no risk of being stung.

My post was probably due to frustration of reading the forums for the past couple of days and realising that contracting now (which I have just started) is probably too late to maximise tax savings which were available a few years back - but still that's no excuse for poor behaviour on my part.

Comment

My post was probably due to frustration of reading the forums for the past couple of days and realising that contracting now (which I have just started) is probably too late to maximise tax savings which were available a few years back - but still that's no excuse for poor behaviour on my part.
                Those "tax savings" were always a very high risk strategy, however a lot of the punters who bought into them and are now being badly beaten up by HMRC were one or all of:- naive and failed to do proper due diligence on the schemes or they simply believed the scheme providers or frankly they were greedy and assumed they would get away with it.

The scheme users who truly understood that there was a lot of risk put aside a lot of the extra income as a reserve just in case.

The days of the schemes were never a "golden time" they just stored up a lot of severe pain which is being realised now. Anyone that has signed up for a scheme in the last 5 years deserves every bit of the pain they have coming as it's been obvious for a long time that HMRC will do their best to bury them.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Anyone that has signed up for a scheme in the last 5 years deserves every bit of the pain they have coming as it's been obvious for a long time that HMRC will do their best to bury them.
                  How about those that have signed up before the last 5 years? Do they deserve 50% of the pain? Please do enlighten us, o great judge.
                  And congrats on your 20/20 hindsight
                  Last edited by cojak; 17 April 2015, 16:30. Reason: No winking.
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Those "tax savings" were always a very high risk strategy, however a lot of the punters who bought into them and are now being badly beaten up by HMRC were one or all of:- naive and failed to do proper due diligence on the schemes or they simply believed the scheme providers or frankly they were greedy and assumed they would get away with it.

The scheme users who truly understood that there was a lot of risk put aside a lot of the extra income as a reserve just in case.

The days of the schemes were never a "golden time" they just stored up a lot of severe pain which is being realised now. Anyone that has signed up for a scheme in the last 5 years deserves every bit of the pain they have coming as it's been obvious for a long time that HMRC will do their best to bury them.
                    Why are you trolling this forum with rubbish like this? Can you not see that many people lives on the line with this retrospective action? We all wish in hindsight we didn't enter such arrangements, but very poor form coming on these boards gloating.

Next time you are tax planning your ISA, pension, trusts or even thinking about gifting to your kids any assets you are trying to avoid tax!!
                    Last edited by cojak; 17 April 2015, 16:29. Reason: No winking.

Comment

I'm not trolling those are realities, I've been contracting for several decades and examined many of the schemes as they were offered to me by salesmen and recommended by other contractors.
                      I looked at them all as too high a risk strategy at the time (which is a view that I'm eternally grateful I took) and stayed with straight Umbrellas and MyCo Ltd's, I've planned my tax affairs quite carefully but in a risk averse manner.
                      Every scheme I looked at all smelled not only of being too good to be true, but quite honestly reeked of taking the mickey, it was obvious they would be targeted at some juncture and the scheme providers would take their money and leg it leaving the punters to fight.

As for the last 5 years comment, it's no mystery that HMRC went on the warpath BIG time in 2008 it was well advertised, anyone daft enough to sign up for a scheme in recent years needs their heads examined.

I've not posted here to gloat, you will possibly be aware that I've actively supported the BN66 crowd, not because I support their scheme, but because they are being attacked with retrospective legislation which I consider to be an offence against natural justice.

Comment

Working...
                      X