• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opportunity to participate in an APN judicial review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I doubt it. I'm not sure if there would be any legal action you could take to try and recover penalties.
    How unfair would that be? If people win their FTT/UTT case etc, how can you be penalised for something you've never owed?

The whole APN thing stinks!

Comment

The whole disturbed concept of the APN makes me not want to pay this Monty Python bunch regardless

Comment

Originally posted by lilikins1 View Post
        The whole disturbed concept of the APN makes me not want to pay this Monty Python bunch regardless
        Whole APN thing would be a masterpiece of comical absurdity, if it wasn't for the human misery that is certain to follow in its wake
        Oh, Gauke and co. promised Parliament only a few millionnaires would be inconvenienced, all right. What a bunch of deceptive, bloodsucking scumbags.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          Whole APN thing would be a masterpiece of comical absurdity, if it wasn't for the human misery that is certain to follow in its wake
          Oh, Gauke and co. promised Parliament only a few millionnaires would be inconvenienced, all right. What a bunch of deceptive, bloodsucking scumbags.
          If they think i m going to roll over and have money they haven t proven is theirs they have another thing coming.

Comment

Originally posted by lilikins1 View Post
            If they think i m going to roll over and have money they haven t proven is theirs they have another thing coming.
            The only choice you'll be given is the method of rolling over. They will happily roll you over in the most uncomfortable way they can think of ...... along with a portion of boot just for good measure
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
              How unfair would that be? If people win their FTT/UTT case etc, how can you be penalised for something you've never owed?
              The problem is APNs are totally separate from your tax appeal.

They create an enforceable debt in their own right, with their own penalty regime.

It sucks but that's the way it is unfortunately.

Comment

The problem is APNs are totally separate from your tax appeal.

They create an enforceable debt in their own right, with their own penalty regime.

It sucks but that's the way it is unfortunately.
                Sorry I just don't have it in me to accept that sort of crap from a Monty Python type bunch. At least not accept it until I have absolutely no other choice.

Comment

Thank you very much to DotasScandal and all that have replied. Still worried about being asked for monies after I have joined the JR and potential state that would leave me in if I cannot afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by fielder View Post
                    Thank you very much to DotasScandal and all that have replied. Still worried about being asked for monies after I have joined the JR and potential state that would leave me in if I cannot afford it.
                    I understand your concern about being tapped for more money but I think that's very unlikely. Let me try and explain why.

The JR is being funded by "litigation associations" which represent 3,000 users. At the moment these 3,000 users aren't having to pay anything towards it. (It is coming out of the fees they paid to use the schemes)

These associations have only agreed to fund it up to a certain stage, basically the point where HMRC can't enforce the APNs. For the JR to go any further than this, a substantial number of the 3,000 users would have to make a contribution.

There wouldn't be any point in them asking people like you to make a further contribution because it would make no material difference unless a large number of the 3,000 also agreed to contribute.

Comment

I doubt it. I'm not sure if there would be any legal action you could take to try and recover penalties.
                      WTF? This is insane. I hope you are wrong DR!

What we need now is Malvolio and the other trolls to pop along and rub our noses in it. It's been a while. Come on fellas, where are you in our time of distress?

Comment

Working...
                      X