• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JRs, JRs and more JRs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotes from Jolyon Maugham regarding JR:

""...‘The Charge of the Light Brigade is how I would describe it,’

Said Maugham: ‘If the claimants succeed, then the APN provision relating to DOTAS schemes would be unworkable in its present form, so you would need a change of law.

‘I don’t regard this as being a challenge with serious prospects of succeeding,’ said Maugham......"

I hope he's not actually right about this
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
      Quotes from Jolyon Maugham regarding JR:

""...‘The Charge of the Light Brigade is how I would describe it,’

Said Maugham: ‘If the claimants succeed, then the APN provision relating to DOTAS schemes would be unworkable in its present form, so you would need a change of law.

‘I don’t regard this as being a challenge with serious prospects of succeeding,’ said Maugham......"

I hope he's not actually right about this
      I think now Jolyon Maugham QC as he achieved silk recently.

Unfortunately I would agree with him on this. He has enough experience in "tax schemes" to read the runes in the decisions and spends enough time in contact with senior HMRC people to understand how they are driving the agenda.

Reading his blog is always interesting as well.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
      X