• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joint action on APN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    There is evidently no appetite between schemes for a jointly funded JR of wide application across many schemes. Therefore each scheme/individual has to take action on their own.
    Someone is trying to do this.

Watch this space...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Someone is trying to do this.

Watch this space...
      Music to my ears

Comment

Originally posted by lilikins1 View Post
        Music to my ears
        It is by no means certain at the moment that it will get off the ground but it stands a good chance.

It will require people to stump up some money but hopefully an affordable amount.

Comment

It is by no means certain at the moment that it will get off the ground but it stands a good chance.

It will require people to stump up some money but hopefully an affordable amount.
          Well if it is for a blanket APN JR I m sure we ll get more than a few signing up for that

Comment

Well if it is for a blanket APN JR I m sure we ll get more than a few signing up for that
            I believe that's the intention.

Comment

I believe that's the intention.
              Will give us, the members of smaller groups some sort of voice

Comment

Will give us, the members of smaller groups some sort of voice
                Yes, which is why CUK have agreed that the person organising this can publicise it on the forums.

I really hope it comes off because some of our members, who were with a promoter that has disappeared, could also benefit from it.

Comment

Yes, which is why CUK have agreed that the person organising this can publicise it on the forums.

I really hope it comes off because some of our members, who were with a promoter that has disappeared, could also benefit from it.
                  If this doesn t take off the people raped by HMRC will be the minority - those that were part of smaller schemes and who the scheme organiser has gone AWOL (folded and changed name).

Comment

Opportunity to participate in an APN judicial review (JR)

This has been finalised and full details should be available on the website early next week.

It is being run by Matt Hall of Saleos Consultancy, who is already representing schemes with 3,000 contractors.

The mods have agreed it can be publicised on these forums because it offers a potential lifeline to many contractors who are otherwise unrepresented.

I can tell you that it will cost £900 (£750+vat). This has to be weighed against the alternatives:

1) apply individually, or as a group, for your own JR (££££££)
                    2) pay the APNs
                    3) try and negotiate time to pay with HMRC
                    4) don't pay and face penalties & enforcement action

Participating in a JR is the only way to prevent HMRC enforcing APNs.

You wouldn't need to join the JR until you have actually received an APN.
                    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 26 March 2015, 17:33.

Comment

This has been finalised and full details should be available on the website early next week.

It is being run by Matt Hall of Saleos Consultancy, who is already representing schemes with 3,000 contractors.

The mods have agreed it can be publicised on these forums because it offers a potential lifeline to many contractors who are otherwise unrepresented.

I can tell you that it will cost £900 (£750+vat). This has to be weighed against the alternatives:

1) apply individually, or as a group, for your own JR (££££££)
                      2) pay the APNs
                      3) try and negotiate time to pay with HMRC
                      4) don't pay and face penalties & enforcement action

Participating in a JR is the only way to prevent HMRC enforcing APNs.
                      Lifeline!!!! Will be interesting to understand the ins and outs !!

Comment

Working...
                      X