• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What an APN looks like

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly DA's appear on your HMRC account, usually with a due date back dated.

I'm pretty sure I've seen APN values on HMRC accounts as well. Perhaps they were APNs paid that appear as a credit? I did think though that I'd seen outstanding APNs (i.e. due but not paid) as well.

I'll take myself off and check.

The core point here though is that if you have had the warning letters and such but no APN, its EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that HMRC has had a change of heart.

It's more likely that the APN was posted but failed to arrive.

Therefore, you should try to check whether HMRC think you have gone past a payment date without you knowing, rather than get a surprise.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

So following on from my post on this thread in April last year I still haven't received anything else from HMRC. No APN, no follow up letters nothing.

I haven't logged on to HMRC portal, i need to figure out how to.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
        So following on from my post on this thread in April last year I still haven't received anything else from HMRC. No APN, no follow up letters nothing.

I haven't logged on to HMRC portal, i need to figure out how to.
        It's an incredibly confusing website.

Go here: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-h...rvices/sign-in

And then click on the "Self Assessment using GOV.UK Verify" link - you'll then need to authenticate using one of the 3rd party identity verification providers (like Experian). Once you're logged in, click on "View account" > "Tax years". You'll then be able to see whether HMRC have issued any discovery assessments.

APNs don't appear here though. I'm not sure you can see them online.

I think the only way to be sure whether an APN has been issued is to pick up the phone. It's awkward, but better to have all the facts in front of you. Then you can start to deal with it.

Comment

Thanks that was a very helpful post.

So HMRC have amounts for the years with "Currently suspended on appeal" so obviously they haven't gone away.

Originally posted by rcgeorge23 View Post
          It's an incredibly confusing website.

Go here: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-h...rvices/sign-in

And then click on the "Self Assessment using GOV.UK Verify" link - you'll then need to authenticate using one of the 3rd party identity verification providers (like Experian). Once you're logged in, click on "View account" > "Tax years". You'll then be able to see whether HMRC have issued any discovery assessments.

APNs don't appear here though. I'm not sure you can see them online.

I think the only way to be sure whether an APN has been issued is to pick up the phone. It's awkward, but better to have all the facts in front of you. Then you can start to deal with it.

Comment

How did you deal with it?

Originally posted by Rob79 View Post
            I now have such a beast and am trying to find a way to get it on a forum thread.

It's a scanned document on my desktop that doesn't seem to want to attach itself to a message like this.

Help?
            I have just received one of these, relating to 2011, and wondered which is the best route to go?
            The providers of the original EBT scheme are litigating, but I am not part of that group. Thanks.

Comment

De Graaf Resources

Has anyone had any involvement with De Graaf Resources?
              What are you doing about enquiries?

Comment

Originally posted by accountingwisdom View Post
                Has anyone had any involvement with De Graaf Resources?
                What are you doing about enquiries?
                Which years is that for? LOan scheme or double taxation?

Comment

Working...
                X