• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should police be allowed to seize Manchester terrorist's family home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have heard of vans with back door open being planted near oxford street - so some form of entrapment is allowed.
    Aren't those for rats?
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Aren't those for rats?
      You are thinking of NLYUK with the back door open.

HTH

Comment

No objection to recovering costs from any criminal. Not sure why it should only be terrorists though.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

how was the house funded? If its proceeds of crime then fine.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Judge says the cops can't have the house. But apparently there is a bill of £500k which someone will have to pay for the trial I think ( not sure there).

Another loser for the GMP. Okay by me as they are a rubbish force.
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

But apparently there is a bill of £500k
              How do they rack up such figures so routinely? Pity there's no law to allow seizure of assets from lawyers.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                How do they rack up such figures so routinely? Pity there's no law to allow seizure of assets from lawyers.
                It would cost too much to implement.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Its a rubbish society where the government is either ripping you off, or passing laws to allow private companies to rip you off.

Comment

Working...
                  X