• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humans - where did it go so wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you suppose that the planet going pop is something we should be concerned about? There was a thread recently about it melting in a few billion years anyway. Plus, you can't get an ought from an is, etc. You need to qualify the ought with an if.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      The ratio of ‘intelligent’ species in the universe lasting beyond the ‘technological’ phase is predicted to be very low (can’t remember where I read that now).

We’re doomed until we all start to convert to Buddhism or similar ASAP and wake up to the true nature of reality.

Hi Hughie!

Is that really you?

Remember that night in Swindon? Those peyote buttons are a hard way in lol.

Just because in a moment of madness I took advantage of your sweet love.

One chain don't make no prison.

Comment

I disagree that there is no compassion.
        You have rich benefactors such as Bill Gates and Warren Buffet giving billions to projects in Africa, and the UK and US governments pilfering away similar amounts on overseas aid to "poor" countries such as India.
        And don't get me started on the level of benefits to Labour voters, again courtesy of the hard-taxed worker.

Comment

i) no compassion in society
          Why do you think there is no compassion in society? Give us an example. I think there is plenty of compassionate acts ranging from the very large ( Bill Gates funding malaria research etc ) to the small, minor acts, such as looking after a sick friend that would go unnoticed.

And I know many people who have carried out compassionate acts. What's wrong with your own life that you believe that none of us have any compassion?

and ii) sooner rather than later the planet's gonna go pop.
          eventually the Sun is going to turn into a red giant and that's going to be the end of Earth.

Comment

Why is the planet going to pop? Are we releasing greenhouse gasses under the surface rather than into the atmosphere? I guess that would help explain the lack of evidence for atmospheric changes
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Someone's gonna press the nuclear button sooner or later. Technology will get into the wrong hands and it's game over. High probability I'd say. I'd give it 25 years at the most and we'll all be toast. Humans can't control their aggression.

See:-

Cosmos: The Story of Cosmic Evolution, Science and Civilisation: Amazon.co.uk: Carl Sagan: Books

Last edited by oscarose; 16 April 2014, 19:47.
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
                Hi Hughie!

Is that really you?

Remember that night in Swindon? Those peyote buttons are a hard way in lol.

Just because in a moment of madness I took advantage of your sweet love.

One chain don't make no prison.
                inneresting...hmmm...

Last edited by oscarose; 16 April 2014, 19:51.
                one day at a time

Comment

BBC News - Donations surge for London Marathon runner Robert Berry

Looks like compassion to me.

Comment

inneresting...hmmm...

:

Hmmm.... Inneresting.

Comment

Working...
                    X