• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to benefit from leaving the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    It all started when Nazi troops dressed as Polish soldiers 'invaded' Germany, so blame Germany and Russia for agreeing to annex Poland between them
    We call it systematic genocide.

We were talking about whining of UKiPpers and who benefited from the Marshal plan.
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      With a chip on the shoulder that big surprised mos can find his head in the morning.

And what is this oh so hard working Polish contractor doing spending so much time on CUK?
      He has a head, I thought he was talking out of the other end.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Dupek?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Your clever remark stink of desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Dupek?
            yours too. (I am saddened at the 'enrichment' of your culture, DA)
            Last edited by mos; 10 April 2014, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              First bit, yes. Governments seem to forget that the free movement policy was set up to enable free movement of workers, not free movement of scroungers, and they need to set up their policies to deal with that. In that respect perhaps I'm simply defending my own position as somebody who has never held his hands up to the state and wants to keep the freedom to travel to where there's work. The generosity of a country's welfare system is simply not a consideration for me when deciding where to live and work, because I'm determined not to use it. Perhaps it's just pride.

Second, yes, there are downsides, but I'm not convinced that the downsides are worse than the downside of having almost complete free movement of capital without allowing people the freedom to follow capital and work where they can find work.
              Europe works very well for ITcontractors like me. I work where I can find the most interesting contract and I normally work for the local daily rate . Its most likely the Bobs that drive the rate down and not our fellow europeans. It must be a nightmare for the UK uneducated masses to have to compete with the whole of Europe.
              However leaving the EU will not solve their problem as companies would rather relocate somewhere else than employ most of these loosers. About 25% of unemployed are completely unemployable I.e the untouchables.

Comment

Working...
              X