• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Went to buy a house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cue snobbery...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Doesn't look bad at all that. Looks nice but strikes me as a bit odd they are trying to recreate the old council house look with the half stone and tile in the hip at the top.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Doesn't look bad at all that. Looks nice but strikes me as a bit odd they are trying to recreate the old council house look with the half stone and tile in the hip at the top.
        It's how the estate looks like, part of conservation area, pretty nice look.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It's how the estate looks like, part of conservation area, pretty nice look.
          Yeah, normally can't stand new estates because of the uniformity and no frills builds. That one doesn't look bad at all. And it's just a road as well, not a sprawling estate. Must be a nice area though, that's a lot of mulah.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

nice they had to have the lights on to take the picture.

£545k for a 4 bed semi in Brum? Its about the same down here 20 mins from London.

AtW if you have decent money buy an old place, spend some time in rental and get it done up, you will get more house for your money and the walls will be brick not paper.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't tell me you were the sales lady ...
              If you could just transfer me the deposit...

Garage doesn't look too bad - guess it depends on the car.

Our driveway is so narrow you can barely get the car door open when you're parked. We didn't notice that before we bought the house.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Yeah, normally can't stand new estates because of the uniformity and no frills builds. That one doesn't look bad at all. And it's just a road as well, not a sprawling estate. Must be a nice area though, that's a lot of mulah.
                I don't know if new estates have improved over the last decade or if it's just that ones in nicer areas are nicer and when we were looking at houses 10 years ago, we were looking in much cheaper areas There are definitely some nice ones around, as well as a lot of cookie-cutter wobbly ones where they meet the criteria for 3 bedrooms by making the rooms too small for any furniture.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I like in the picture the car is outside the garage.

Also is the furniture normal size in the rooms?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

1) car won't fit into "garage" - well maybe 2 inches on each side of space, not willing to get aggro every day
                    Can't you just buy a 'home' attached to your car?

Comment

Nice south facing detached, lots of open land, real log fireplace, quite spacious for the outdoor type:

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X