• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never do business with family!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never do business with family!

SILs father. Done work for us before. Not the best but £50/day so I guess you get what you pay for.

Did some painting for us. Made a COMPLETE mess of it. Paint everywhere, patches missed, sides of door missed. He was in hell of a rush just seemed to want to take the money and run. Looks like a pissed up chimpanzee has done it.

Someone else I would have played **** and demanded a refunded but since hes sort of family I can't. Mind you I currently would like to slap the conning little twat because he knows what hes done.

Got pro in now (£85/day well good) but its a few £100 to sort - wish I'd done this in the first place.

Never again.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

If you pay peanuts, you get Suitys.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Indeed!!!

Look on bright side -
      Lesson learned for future reference.......

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        SILs father. Done work for us before. Not the best but £50/day so I guess you get what you pay for.

Did some painting for us. Made a COMPLETE mess of it. Paint everywhere, patches missed, sides of door missed. He was in hell of a rush just seemed to want to take the money and run. Looks like a pissed up chimpanzee has done it.

Someone else I would have played **** and demanded a refunded but since hes sort of family I can't. Mind you I currently would like to slap the conning little twat because he knows what hes done.

Got pro in now (£85/day well good) but its a few £100 to sort - wish I'd done this in the first place.

Never again.
        https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

HTH

Comment

Given your usual rate why not change career so you can finally charge someone £85 a day!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Given your usual rate why not change career so you can finally charge someone £85 a day!
            Or his SIL's dad could sub it out to him @ £25 pd.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post
              Look on bright side -
              Lesson learned for future reference.......
              But I'm sure that won't stop him starting a thread asking if he should let SIL's father do more painting for him
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                But I'm sure that won't stop him starting a thread asking if he should let SIL's father do more painting for him
                As long as I get updates on how the painting is going, I'm happy.

Comment

Demanding a refund from family may be a no-no but asking for it to be fixed is OK.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Demanding a refund from family may be a no-no but asking for it to be fixed is OK.
                    WHS. Work with the guy, after all he is the family.
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                    X