• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been banned and why? Your right to reply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I haven't seen the offending post, but I am guessing that CUK management is continuing to defend the safe space for those bent contractors who spent years undercutting honest contractors by not paying tax.
    You weren't undercut - they just didn't want to use your services.
    Perhaps if you spent less time on here, or talking to your accountant about your 'divs' you may have been able to contribute to your employers...(is that IR35 I hear knocking....)

Comment

Originally posted by ConfusedEasily View Post
      You weren't undercut - they just didn't want to use your services.
      Perhaps if you spent less time on here, or talking to your accountant about your 'divs' you may have been able to contribute to your employers...(is that IR35 I hear knocking....)
      I had a bent contractor colleague using some Jersey based scheme who undercut me at renewal. True story. The basic market economics show that bent contractors with a lower cost base can undercut honest contractors with a higher cost base.

Comment

I had a bent contractor colleague using some Jersey based scheme who undercut me at renewal. True story. The basic market economics show that bent contractors with a lower cost base can undercut honest contractors with a higher cost base.

I can show you plenty of stories where chinese companies are avoiding paying VAT on sales so undercutting UK based competitors...

Granted the bent contractor is about to get his comuppance but if someone can manipulates the tax system so he only needs to earn £110 to receive a £100 and you need £130 to receive that same £100 then there is a problem.

However the HMRC Scheme Enquiry forum is about to receive a lot of very scared (including potentially suicidal) visitors so the ban is totally fair....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I can show you plenty of stories where chinese companies are avoiding paying VAT on sales so undercutting UK based competitors...

Granted the bent contractor is about to get his comuppance but if someone can manipulates the tax system so he only needs to earn £110 to receive a £100 and you need £130 to receive that same £100 then there is a problem.

However the HMRC Scheme Enquiry forum is about to receive a lot of very scared (including potentially suicidal) visitors so the ban is totally fair....
          Ignoring your Chinese company whataboutery, I would agree that the ban is totally fair, within the context of a policy of providing a safe space on a contractor forum for bent contractors who have been undercutting honest contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            the bent contractor is about to get his comuppance
            Is this something you've got planned for the Christmas bash? Do the other attendees know?

Comment

I had a bent contractor colleague using some Jersey based scheme who undercut was better than me at renewal. True story.
              Some of them were motivated by cupidity, but mostly they were misled by the suppliers. Shame those ****ers can't be prosecuted and sent down. It's ridiculous - HMRC say if you're unsure, you must consult an expert. So you consult an expert, follow their advice and you are still are liable and they get away scot free, with their fees.

First, we kill all the QCs...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Some of them were motivated by cupidity, but mostly they were misled by the suppliers. Shame those ****ers can't be prosecuted and sent down. It's ridiculous - HMRC say if you're unsure, you must consult an expert. So you consult an expert, follow their advice and you are still are liable and they get away scot free, with their fees.

First, we kill all the QCs...
                Following my "legal advice" thread in A/L on Monday, Mrs BP called HMRC. Their defense was they have hundreds of thousands of schemes under enquiry! Mrs BP pointed out that when any new schemes are reported to HMRC, they do nothing.

Thank God I abandoned schemes after the law change in 2008. Some carried on - and now are in a real mess.

At least I am trying to warn people (indeed so is CUK) about these schemes.

The idea that anyone would lower their rate due to the tax they paid is nonsense. People will always charge as much as they can.

And, of course, we have not even touched on high net worth tax schemes or company tax schemes.

Don't tell AtW - but I will miss him. Its very sad. A great entrepreneur . With much to contribute. Who will one day be knighted. For services to squirrels....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The idea that anyone would lower their rate due to the tax they paid is nonsense. People will always charge as much as they can.
                  I entirely agree. For me it's the daily rate that matters, not the take home pay!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was just checking back through rep. I got this from NLyUK. " Ignore this, you tax dodging chunt"

However, NLyUK, please don't go. I need someone to feel superior to......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Following my "legal advice" thread in A/L on Monday, Mrs BP called HMRC. Their defense was they have hundreds of thousands of schemes under enquiry! Mrs BP pointed out that when any new schemes are reported to HMRC, they do nothing.

Thank God I abandoned schemes after the law change in 2008. Some carried on - and now are in a real mess.

At least I am trying to warn people (indeed so is CUK) about these schemes.

The idea that anyone would lower their rate due to the tax they paid is nonsense. People will always charge as much as they can

And, of course, we have not even touched on high net worth tax schemes or company tax schemes.

Don't tell AtW - but I will miss him. Its very sad. A great entrepreneur . With much to contribute. Who will one day be knighted. For services to squirrels....
                      Sometimes competition is on price and he you have a lower cost base you can lower price. How do you not understand this?

Comment

Working...
                      X