• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been banned and why? Your right to reply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    It's called Innocent until proven guilty and the reason you'll never be a mod.
    There is also a constant and clearly identifiable cycle of this so why not strike while the iron is hot. Prevention is better than cure.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's called Innocent until proven guilty and the reason you'll never be a mod.
      You're confusing the British legal system with a private forum. In much the same way I don't have to prove you're trying to rob me to ask you to leave my property, they can kick anyone out for any reason at any time.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Can we tweak the forum software to permit "shadow-banning", where the shadow-banned poster carries on posting as normal but they're the only person who can see their posts? They think they're getting away with it but no-one else ever sees or replies to their comments, until eventually they just slink away, tails between their legs. As it is, banning people is pointless as they can just set up a new account, surely?
        • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
        • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

That would be pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That would be pretty fun.
            How would it be fun if we don't know what's happening?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
              Can we tweak the forum software to permit "shadow-banning", where the shadow-banned poster carries on posting as normal but they're the only person who can see their posts? They think they're getting away with it but no-one else ever sees or replies to their comments, until eventually they just slink away, tails between their legs. As it is, banning people is pointless as they can just set up a new account, surely?
              Or you could just ignore their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I thought it was said with dead pan sarcasm....
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  There is also a constant and clearly identifiable cycle of this so why not strike while the iron is hot. Prevention is better than cure.
                  Indeed. And please let assguru be the first.....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Maybe a way to see them if you wished? Or maybe it was implied it would be fun knowing they were wasting their time trolling nobody?

Or you could just ignore their posts.
                    Yeah but not everybody does, in fact most don't, and you still see them being quoted. We're talking about people who are banned, not those who nobody wants to read.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Maybe a way to see them if you wished? Or maybe it was implied it would be fun knowing they were wasting their time trolling nobody?

Yeah but not everybody does, in fact most don't, and you still see them being quoted. We're talking about people who are banned, not those who nobody wants to read.
                      If we get rid of all the trolls and sockies this place will be a morgue

Comment

Working...
                      X