• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to bring back Old Greg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Prawns aren't fish you silly trout

Are we all going to have a game of chess then? Actually, how has forum chess never happened on CUK (or has it)?
    I was quite handy when i was a yoof but not played in years but would be up for being food for someones ego

Comment

Are we all going to have a game of chess then? Actually, how has forum chess never happened on CUK (or has it)?
      It has. It was arranged by someone on your ignore list hence you did not hear about it and, presumably, if you did you would probably refuse to play anyway due to having a grudge against some of the other players so contacting you hardly seemed worth the effort.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        I was quite handy when i was a yoof but not played in years but would be up for being food for someones ego
        Ditto. Was primary school champ, but fear I may have regressed since then.

Comment

Or is he aluding to the fact that OG is playing forum Chess? We all like moving the pieces around but there's a big difference between tactical / aggressive play and deciding to drop your trousers & lay a big turd down for all to see & then say 'your move'.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Or is he aluding to the fact that OG is playing forum Chess? We all like moving the pieces around but there's a big difference between tactical / aggressive play and deciding to drop your trousers & lay a big turd down for all to see & then say 'your move'.
            I think he sacrificed his queen.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I think that's probably in Professional attempting to wind up NorthernladUk.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think he was into pawn, went all the way to the other side and became a queen. After that banging the bishop was easy.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Ditto. Was primary school champ, but fear I may have regressed since then.
                  I played a lot as a kid, did the "tour" playing tournaments in various schools and even was selected to play for my county once. When I try these days it just frustrates me. I can remember being good but am useless so I'm constantly aware of how badly I'm doing.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  It isn't really chess if you just play the same move over and over
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I played a lot as a kid, did the "tour" playing tournaments in various schools and even was selected to play for my county once. When I try these days it just frustrates me. I can remember being good but am useless so I'm constantly aware of how badly I'm doing.

It isn't really chess if you just play the same move over and over
                    +1. We had a curate who I often played chess with. Even though I knew I'd forgotten a lot by not playing in 15 years I was scarily bad.

I only discovered later that he still practiced and played for his country as a child.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When I play chess now, it makes me think "this must be how Alzheimers sufferers feel".
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X