• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, how bad is the weather going to be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently it's called Storm Christian. They wouldn't get away with calling it storm Muslim now, would they?

Comment

Here it starts

Bad weather causes chaos in England news to be broadcast all over Europe. I've already seen the drama & hysteria in a local rag.

Usually it's December before this starts. It's getting earlier every year!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Clear skies and brilliant sunshine here
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          If this weather sets new records will that mean you will stop going on about the great storm of 87? That gets mentioned almost as much as winning the world cup in 66.
          Nope.

87 is always mentioned cos of the Met office's cock up on the BBC weather report.

It wasn't a great storm. Though the lights went out briefly, our empty dustbin was found at the end of the road and a few old and/weak trees fell down causing transport delays.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Beaufort scale only goes up to twelve which is > 74mph

Originally posted by "Mr Beaufort
            Severe widespread damage to vegetation and structures. Debris and unsecured objects are hurled about.
            Luton is forecast to have gusts up to 90mph
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Beaufort scale only goes up to twelve which is > 74mph

Luton is forecast to have gusts up to 90mph
              Might move it a bit further away then.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                Might move it a bit further away then.
                No I don't think so as it's weighed down by it's chavvy suburbs.

People who shop at "The Quadrant" are chavs.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  No I don't think so as it's weighed down by it's chavvy suburbs.

People who shop at "The Quadrant" are chavs.
                  All man's hopes and dreams shattered with one glimpse:-

Comment

Originally posted by chavtowns.co.uk
                    Dunstable
                    This article has:
                    I have now completed a year working in the Dunstable area and any day now I am expecting the Queen to summon me for my knighthood. Dunstable has to be one of the worst towns in the country. It has more taxi drivers than people, I swear I was asked if I needed a taxi (although pronounced “Taxi boss?”) while I was in my car. The town is obviously designed as an ode to Logan’s run and people have as much pride in their houses as Naomi Campbell would do for genital herpes.

I have often said that predictive text on a mobile phone has a sixth sense, as in my ex was called Ang and it would try to replace this with nag. Well try Dunstable and it will change it to Dump table. It knows. It is not that it is the most deprived area, nor the ugliest; it is that no one cares, no one works and no one has any interest in other people. It is like a cell that has just been infected by the Luton virus and does not bother to take the antibiotics.

The worst thing about this place has to be the lack of class. Class to someone from Dunstable is something that you ditched when at school. When it comes to fashion, the last time the clothes worn by the locals were seen was in an Adam Ant video. People comment at Christmas at the house covered in neon signs requesting “Santa please stop here” with phrases like “Doesn’t that look nice” . No it doesn’t, it looks cheap, it looks chavvy, and basically it looks s**t.

Everyone in Dumptable has a limp which can only come from many years of previous generations introducing their siblings as their partners. All the teenagers are in tracksuits and as for Dunstable College; I’m personally convinced that this is where you go when you are turned down by Borstel.

In short, why anyone would choose to live here is beyond my comprehension. There are some nice hills and open areas which leads me to request that the British army forget Salisbury and start the maneuvers right here.

Comment

Back on topic, there's one bit of good news, which is that high winds have already blown down a wind turbine in the south west

BBC News - UK braced for severe storm and heavy rain
                      (scroll down)

With a bit of luck tonight's gales will bring down a whole lot more of the feckers. Or do this:

Comment

Working...
                      X