• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK SCUBA thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Now that looks cool. Makes me want to jump in

Definitely thinking it would be nice to finish my open water somewhere I don't need all the thermal gear. Diving for pleasure in lots of kit is one thing, but trying to manoeuvre to remove & replace mask & BCD etc isn't easy in the cold.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If you want to do your deep dive and don't want to do it in some god forsaken quarry in Cumbria which is only accessible via a long walk in full gear and climb down a ladder then try this Nemo 33 in Brussels. Weekend away with your other half and a deep dive to boot....

PLONGÉE Magasin Cours Ecole Formation Bruxelles Belgique RESTO thai jolie terrasse NEMO33 World's deepest scuba diving pool DUIKEN PADI LIFRAS NELOS - Magasin cours plongée Bruxelles Belgique

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Advanced Open Water.

"Night" Dive

Stoney Cove

October

Hole in Dry-Suit

Fcking Cold!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    I remember that. The husband was a qualified rescue diver, yet claimed he didn't know how to help his wife. Inflating her BCD would have been a good start I'd have thought......
    Not quite. He was charged with murdering her by turning her air off but he was acquitted.

Gabe Watson trial: Honeymoon 'scuba dive murder' husband is acquitted of killing Tina Watson | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    I remember that. The husband was a qualified rescue diver, yet claimed he didn't know how to help his wife. Inflating her BCD would have been a good start I'd have thought......

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Anyone remember this?
    Did someone Photoshop out the underwater motorcycle?

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Having done my first two open water dives in the sea last weekend I'm very tempted to finish my Open Water certificate abroad! I had two wetsuits, gloves, hood and the usual kit and it wasn't the easiest way to practice skills underwater (or walk, come to that). Very difficult to put a mask on and off when you can't feel your fingers.

I did see a few nice fish (blenny, pollack, pipefish, little white ones), a medium sized crab and lots of plant life, and it was very pretty looking up through the water as the sun shone down illuminating a herd of little fish. But also quite cold, and vis of only about 2m by dive 2.

One of the guys on the course came back up from 6m with a mask full of blood due to his nose bleeding on the way down. Quite freaky to see when you come back up.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Mrs P would have preferred thicker but she's a wuss.
    You sure you were both on the same conversation?

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Water temp was a steady 22C. I have a 2-piece 5mm dungarees and jacket and other than on the Malkakov, I was fine in the dungarees and a rash vest ...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Anyone remember this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X