• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dress code for day 1?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sainsburys Head Office in Holborn - not wearing a tie can get you marked down in your end of year review (permie, obviously) as "not living the values".

I think they probably behead contractors for the same crime.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCu View Post
      Sainsburys Head Office in Holborn - not wearing a tie can get you marked down in your end of year review (permie, obviously) as "not living the values".

I think they probably behead contractors for the same crime.

That is precisely the kind of corporate cackspeak that I despise. Yuk. Anyone caught writing or speaking such verbiage should be sent, along with people who use the word 'synergy' in a business sense, or 'going forward', to the depths of hell to be anally probed by Be'elzebub's arrow headed tail for eternity. Only longer than that.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        How do you feel about "synergistic paradigm shift"?
        Rather nauseous. I'm trying to eat a sandwich, so please stop it.

Comment

Synergy is fine, if its being used to mean what it means. Living the values is ****speak, unless they mean maximizing profit by selling your customers nicely wrapped cheap tulip in which case you understand why they want the permies to wear suits and ties.

Edit: swear filter still broken
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab
            Synergy is fine, if its being used to mean what it means.
            Indeed, Bucky Fuller, systems thinking and emergent behaviour, but I would hazard a guess that 99.99% of people who use the word regularly don't have a bleeding clue what any of that is about.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Synergy is fine, if its being used to mean what it means. Living the values is ****speak, unless they mean maximizing profit by selling your customers nicely wrapped cheap tulip in which case you understand why they want the permies to wear suits and ties.

Edit: swear filter still broken
              ClientCo has "guiding principles" - each month they have an employee framed and displayed prominently as being the person who most embodies these.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                What would suity wear on his first day in new job?

Budgie-smugglers.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  ClientCo has "guiding principles" - each month they have an employee framed and displayed prominently as being the person who most embodies these.
                  Oh dear.

Comment

WTF do you work for, the Saudi police? What do they do, plant a litre of vodka in their desk draw and impale them on the front gate?

Comment

You work with Netraider then?
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X