• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've been fired; Yippee!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    I flirted with going permie recently but think it would be death.
    Well, not quite; I'm out and I'm still more than 50% alive. Only a bit more, mind you.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Tis truly the dark side.

On the bench but reading this thread only makes me looker even harder for the next gig.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Congratulations, I guess. On the "redundancy" pay especially. Did you know this was coming and even play up to it a bit, wanting out?

No worries about agents asking about your last employer?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Absolutely weird! Its bad enough when your contract isnt renewed when all around you are so what's to celebrate getting sacked even if you want out?
          Two months extra salary, presumably without having to do the time. Go back and read the OP's post.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Oh gosh, Mitch I was sooo close! I should actually be in a permie interview now if it wasn't for the agent sending me to the wrong office.

Close shave eh?
            Saved By The Bellend!

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Two months extra salary, presumably without having to do the time. Go back and read the OP's post.
              Yep, free money! And I've already had 3 calls from agents I know.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Not forgetting the laptop. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to watch the business unit manager squirm...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  With the words 'Told you so' ?

Youngsters these days, no staying power. I haven't been fired or terminated from a role this decade at all.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    With the words 'Told you so' ?

Youngsters these days, no staying power. I haven't been fired or terminated from a role this decade at all.
                    You're having to travel further afield though now, aren't you?

Give it time, your past will catch up with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      You're having to travel further afield though now, aren't you?

Give it time, your past will catch up with you.
                      Nobody has heard of me in Ulan Batar yet & they do a lovely Mongolian at the weekend.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X