• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is everyone going for their hols?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever been on a nudist holiday?
    Nearly. EasyJet lost my luggage last year.

This year I am mostly staying at home to keep the builders under close scutiny.

Comment

I'm off to cockleshell bay with Robin and Rosie
      Would that be Rosie Palmer with the famous sisters by any chance ?

Comment

> If you travelled back in time to 1852, where physically would you be?
        >
        > Not on the Earth as it wasn't at this point in space in 1852...

By my reckoning you'd be about 1/3rd of light year away from where the Solar System was then.

The local group of galaxies that includes ours is moving at roughly 600 km/sec towards a supercluster called the Great Attractor, and light speed is about 300,000 km/sec in a vacuum.

The galaxy is also obviously rotating, but a lot slower I think, and I can't be bothered to pursue that.

Comment

Off to my pad in Mallorca.

Sasguru, I realise you must be a near-neighbour, living as we both do in uber-trendy Hoxton (ha!) - though my flat there is more of a garret than a loft.

Comment

Working...
          X