• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A general discussion on Indian consultancies and racism...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Toilets are one thing you should never outsource.
    Previous client had outsourced toilets which were managed and maintained by a third part contractor and were predictably shocking. They were Portaloos next to the Portacabin (probably also outsourced) office suspended above the car production line ... was the worst environment I’ve ever experienced to work in. Noisy, dark, leaked, smelly (of engine oil amongst other delightful smells) and cold
    Last edited by redgiant; 24 February 2012, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
      I too work for 7.5 hrs as contracted. Most of us do. I was talking about Indian employees in India. Yes, staff are under extreme pressure there. But they end up learning a lot
      I find I learn a lot when I have time to research, understand and do something correctly. When I'm under extreme pressure I find the fastest way to do the job, which usually leads to crap code and problems later on.

Comment

On the subject of vendor management - I appreciate the neeed for SLA's, penalty clauses for non delviery etc etc etc.

However if things go wrong and the vendor starts quibbling over contracts ect and what is/is not covered

Have you not really wasted a lot of time and money trying to outsource something which in reallity you need to have full complete direct control off?

It just seems that outsorucing+effective vendor management is short term cash savings without addressing a longer term underlying problem?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I find I learn a lot when I have time to research, understand and do something correctly. When I'm under extreme pressure I find the fastest way to do the job, which usually leads to crap code and problems later on.
          ...and lots of work and money for freelance testers, for which I thank you Sir.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            ...and lots of work and money for freelance testers, for which I thank you Sir.
            It warms my heart to know you can afford to heat your one room bedsit tonight because of the work I and others like me couldnt be arsed to do properly.

Comment

Does this broadly fall under non-billable time?
              learn a lot when I have time to research, understand
              And this, under billable time?:
              and do something correctly.
              And as a contractor, the rate might reflect how often one does things correctly based on prior research & understanding?
              Just asking like...

Comment

It warms my heart to know you can afford to heat your one room bedsit tonight because of the work I and others like me couldnt be arsed to do properly.
                Oh, us tester's are living the dream. I'm switching another bar of my electric fire on thanks to crap code.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  Oh, us tester's are living the dream. I'm switching another bar of my electric fire on thanks to crap code.
                  You poor sod; I've got the full on electric fan heater AND a little bio-ethanol table fire. And a bottle of cheap plonk from my local Lidl!

All thanks to crap code!
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bobs?

Well who the **** else is going to wash the bloody elephants?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Bobs?

Well who the **** else is going to wash the bloody elephants?
                      So how was your first week as a dirty permie?
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X