• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Leaked Climate Documents Scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The whole thread is now about climate scientists, criminal investigations and their misdemeanors.

It's ended up dragging them through the mud again.

I don't think that was the original aim.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 February 2012, 11:23.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I have a simple question for pjclarke

a yes or a no would be enough

If you knew then what you know now, would you have created this thread ?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Meh. James Hansen being arrested and quickly released for a misdemeanor while standing up for his principles at a protest equates to 'facing the public prosecutor'?

You're just wierd.
    Tongue in cheek but humour isn't your strong point.

You can try that one if you like:

Polar Bear Scientist Investigated; Fueled Climate Debate - ABC News

But it does like your "whistle blower" may have commited an offence doesn't it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You're just wierd.
    BB is a single man living in Germany. Of course he's slightly doolally.
    His life is one endless round of frantic pot noodles.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Meh. James Hansen being arrested and quickly released for a misdemeanor while standing up for his principles at a protest equates to 'facing the public prosecutor'?

You're just wierd.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Personally, I will believe that making public the sources and destination of the sceptics £6million is in the public interest
    the same day that the warmist £600million sources and uses are similarly published.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    [propoganda]....No climate scientist is facing the public prosecutor. You made that up.

are you sure about that?

Google

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Not really. I think Gleick made a criminal error of judgement which has ruined his individual credibility, and no doubt will be exploited to try and damage the movement he supports.

However, this is akin to a reporter posing as a third party to obtain information in the public interest. The leaked documents are highly damaging to Heartland's claim to be an educational organisation exempt from tax, and no doubt the US IRS will be investigating. To recap

It is the case that Heartland are proposing to use money from an anonymous multimillionaire to pay David Wojick, a lobbyist with a doctorate in epistimology, to create a school curriculum that is classic 'teach the controversy' where there is none, tactics borrowed from the creationist lobby.

It is the case that they fund the 'NIPCC' report, which is scientific claptrap.

It is the case that they slip Fred Singer, who disseminates demonstrably false information over the internet, $5K/month.

George Monbiot – Plutocracy, Pure and Simple

No climate scientist is facing the public prosecutor. You made that up.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Agreed. I think McIntyre has it right.
    What he means is that private data has been publicised on the web. Compare to a fraudester divulging your private details on the web. Whatever happens you've been damaged.

I suppose you must really regret bninging the topic up now. Eggs and faces spring to mind.

Yet another climate scientist facing the public prosecutor.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 February 2012, 10:12.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Agreed. I think McIntyre has it right.

No one should feel any satisfaction in these events, which have been highly damaging to everyone touched by them, including both Heartland and Gleick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X