• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton goes down for 6 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I would.

Mitch
    I did.

Darren
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      I cant see the image as Facebook links are blocked here.
      Linky to piccy
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well, I didn't know about the mistress stuff, at a time when he owed > million from the FSA affair.

"A couple of clients realised they had got the wrong account details and made correct payments to HMRC but Upton submitted nil returns and obtained a refund, and fobbed off clients when queries arose."

One of those was me, he stole 13k in total, which is modest compared to some. Annoying thing is I had the refund cheque in my hand but I trusted him to sort it. He did, cancelling it and getting HMRC to BACS it into his account (pretending it was my account). I do hope he gets a new 'girlfriend' inside.

Feel a bit sorry for Tina now, obviously the police investigation revealed his double life.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Where does it say he got 6 years? Looks like sentencing is due soon.

<cough>Victoria Louise Fraenzel | Facebook</cough>
          Police rang to tell me he got 6 yrs
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Bet he wishes he had Harry Redknapps solicitor
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              "a box at Leeds United" ... luxurious lifestyle indeed
              Surely that explains everything. I'm surprised he wasn't sectioned rather than imprisoned.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Bet he wishes he had Harry Redknapps solicitor
                Are you implying that Darren was innocent or that Harry was guilty?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Feel a bit sorry for Tina now, obviously the police investigation revealed his double life.
                  Tina has remained supportive of Darren, at least when I have dealt with her. I do hope she doesn't get hit with lots of fall out here.
                  Darren never took me for anything (at least it has not come to light yet) but I do hope he gets his just desserts. I might have had a bit more sympathy if he wasnt obviously funding a mid life crisis with contractors hard earned. I am sure he will have caused bankruptcies within our circle.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Feel sorry for the 18 month old, what a way to start out.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Surely that explains everything. I'm surprised he wasn't sectioned rather than imprisoned.
                      Well, he's certainly a lunatic if he went in the Leeds end dressed like this:

Comment

Working...
                      X