• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More bloody patronising adverts !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heinz vs Daddie

I used to work in Stockport, and drove past a McVities biscuit factory every day. Yum!:b

Comment

Lucifer, I didn't have you pegged as a Brummie...
      Was born there, Slave. Lived there until I left home to go to university and then for a couple of years again in my early twenties when I had a Cobol gig in West Bromwich.

Most people who know me in real life are surprised too. I guess because I was brought up to speak proper like.

Bostin.

Comment

But it all comes out as soon as you say cream buns (kreeem boons) like the pig on pipkins

Comment

I was the pig on Pipkins.

Comment

As is the smell when stuck on Barton bridge over that sewage works.
            I've worked there! Doing casual labour for an electricians in the summer between A level years. We were wiring up some bloody great diesel engines - working in the cellar underneath them in bollocking hot heat, using a great feck off hammer drill to drill holes in reinforced concrete. Its the hardest work I've ever done, and the stench was almost enough to put me off my butties.

I think it must have been that experience that put me on the path to freeloading white collar contract work.

Comment

Working...
            X