• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They try go over the top with the tech and it just becomes too unbelievable if that makes sense. I think they were pretty clever in this one which helped the watchability.
    I think if this is set several hundred years in the future then it doesnt go far enough. This bugs me about anything set hundred of years in the future, it's going to be significantly different.

You won't have cops sitting there looking at tv screens or mobile phones etc.

Comment

Woah with the spoilers in this thread these days

Someone mentioned a 20min show; I'm always on the lookout for shorter shows as they tend to be in short(!) supply these days. Episodes, Archer, The Office, etc.

I've embarrassingly got into Grey's Anatomy the last few weeks. I watched it when it first started and dropped out around season 3, assuming it had ended. It's a bit surreal to discover it's now on season 14 and the show I virtually associate with my youth is still in production!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Woah with the spoilers in this thread these days

Someone mentioned a 20min show; I'm always on the lookout for shorter shows as they tend to be in short(!) supply these days. Episodes, Archer, The Office, etc.

I've embarrassingly got into Grey's Anatomy the last few weeks. I watched it when it first started and dropped out around season 3, assuming it had ended. It's a bit surreal to discover it's now on season 14 and the show I virtually associate with my youth is still in production!
        I really enjoyed The End of the ******** World on Netflix recently.

8 episodes all about 20 minutes long.

Comment

The Last Man On Earth is another short episode show (around 22mins per episode) worth seeking out. Currently on season 4 but admittedly the earlier seasons were better comedy wise. Still has some inventive funnies though.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I recently Googled for 'popular TV shows 2017' or somesuch and got a list, some of which I've downloaded. Anyone tried any of these?

Top of the Lake
            The Deuce
            Dear White People
            American Vandal
            Mindhunter
            The Good Place
            Halt & Catch Fire

I saw someone mention 'The end of the f***ing world' which I watched recently and thought was terrific

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I recently Googled for 'popular TV shows 2017' or somesuch and got a list, some of which I've downloaded. Anyone tried any of these?

Top of the Lake
              The Deuce
              Dear White People
              American Vandal
              Mindhunter
              The Good Place
              Halt & Catch Fire

I saw someone mention 'The end of the f***ing world' which I watched recently and thought was terrific
              American Vandal is brilliant too.

Working my way through Black Mirror just now and loving it.

Just watched an episode with the bloke from "End of the..." in it.

Comment

Top of the Lake
                The Deuce
                Dear White People
                American Vandal
                Mindhunter
                The Good Place
                Halt & Catch Fire

Mindhunter is very good indeed.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  I really enjoyed The End of the ******** World on Netflix recently.

8 episodes all about 20 minutes long.
                  Very dark but fun. It's a bit like a grown-up version of Skins in some ways.

Top of the Lake
                  The Deuce
                  Dear White People
                  American Vandal
                  Mindhunter
                  The Good Place
                  Halt & Catch Fire

My wife watches The Good Place, but other than having Ted Danson I am not too impressed.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Mindhunter is very good indeed.
                    I'm now 2 episodes in (this moved to the top of my list following your recommendation) ... yes it is very good!!

Comment

Just finished Homeland. Good last couple of episodes but definitely reached the end of the line.
                      Cant keep dragging this out.

Enjoying Navy Seals.

Comment

Working...
                      X