• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Person of Interest looks.... interesting!
    Sounds like Minority Report. Maybe worth a look.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

What was not resolved?

Most of them died
      Hurely was asked to look after the island
      smoke monster and Jacob turned out to be brothers.
      It was a tulipty ending though. It was all a dream/they were dead all along, reeeeal original there! Those last couple of seasons were a giant middle finger to all faithful viewers.

I would have explained it as an extra dimension or lost land, like the bermuda triangle and the disappearing associated myths, created by scientists trying to alter the earth's magnetic field. That is just one idea and far better than the last couple of crappy seasons off lost.

Comment

What was not resolved?

Most of them died
        Hurely was asked to look after the island
        smoke monster and Jacob turned out to be brothers.
        What was not resolved was what the hell the whole thing was on about in the first place. Who were the original Others, why was the island there and how did it have those powers, how did the island call people to protect it and give them immortality, etc.

A what rather than why conclusion.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          I would have explained it as an extra dimension or lost land, like the bermuda triangle and the disappearing associated myths, created by scientists trying to alter the earth's magnetic field. That is just one idea and far better than the last couple of crappy seasons off lost.
          That sounds pretty tulipy to me. As would just about any grand explanation of Lost. Much better to end it and keep people sort of guessing.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It was a tulipty ending though. It was all a dream/they were dead all along, reeeeal original there! Those last couple of seasons were a giant middle finger to all faithful viewers.

Think you need to watch it again You obviously weren't paying attention first time round.

Personally, I quite like Californication, but it went down hill a bit after series 3.

Also enjoyed Deadwood, but that died a premature death.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Jericho looks alright too, although another cancelled too early type of show but at least it was wrapped up at the end of season 2 (apparently)

100 reasons to Watch Jericho - YouTube
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

and community with chevy chase

IMDb - Community (TV Series 2009– )
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

and Awake

Awake (TV Series 2012) - IMDb

I can see this getting cancelled after 1 season though
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Think you need to watch it again You obviously weren't paying attention first time round
                    Seems like you werent paying attention, so re-watch it yourself:

What did they answer?

Yup, it's some kind of holding station for your soul, while you sort your emotional baggage out from the wreckage of your life. You might want to call it purgatory, or limbo. (Steve Busfield certainly will!)
                    Lost ending: the final episode reviewed | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk

So as I said, dead all along and the whole island was purgatory. Very unoriginal ......

Comment

Seems like you werent paying attention, so re-watch it yourself:

Lost ending: the final episode reviewed | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk

So as I said, dead all along and the whole island was purgatory. Very unoriginal ......
                      From your article.
                      It does feel like a decent enough finale
                      Kinda negates your whining

Personally I enjoyed lost. The only thing I would have changed is to make the last couple of seasons full length rather then the shorter efforts they put out
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X