• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage provider for foreign property(France)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage provider for foreign property(France)

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience / recommendations on getting a mortgage for a foreign property?

All the various contractor mortgage companies point me to Conti Financial
    (http://www.mortgagesoverseas.com/). Conti Financial has been talking, but they + their backers are definitely not as experienced in dealing with contractor's compared to contractormortgages, contractormoney etc.

I was wondering if any other fellow contractors has any other recommendations on another mortgage provider who deals with contractors + foreign properties? Specifically I'm wanting to buy a property in France.

Thanks

Originally posted by tanzy_m View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience / recommendations on getting a mortgage for a foreign property?

(Conti Financial Services). Conti Financial has been talking, but they + their backers are definitely not as experienced in dealing with contractor's compared to contractormortgages, contractormoney etc.

I was wondering if any other fellow contractors has any other recommendations on another mortgage provider who deals with contractors + foreign properties? Specifically I'm wanting to buy a property in France.

Thanks

This is a contractor forum, we buy land, build our house, cash all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by tanzy_m View Post
      Hi,

(Conti Financial Services). Conti Financial has been talking, but they + their backers are definitely not as experienced in dealing with contractor's compared to contractormortgages, contractormoney etc.

Thanks
      Typically one would remortgage their Uk property and buy with cash abroad. Much less stressful and no currency fluctuations so less risk.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Have you thought this through?

If you don't live in France, in which case it would be simple, pop a long to the local bank/mortgage lender, why would you want to buy a house there?

Wouldn't be simpler and much much cheaper to rent an apartment when you go over there?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Have you thought this through?

If you don't live in France, in which case it would be simple, pop a long to the local bank/mortgage lender, why would you want to buy a house there?

Wouldn't be simpler and much much cheaper to rent an apartment when you go over there?
          Have you never watched A Place in the Sun with Jasmine Harmen?

She likes to get down and dirty in the property hunt

http://s11.allstarpics.net/images/or...592jq3t3y2.jpg

Comment

Did you get anywhere

Although this thread is several years old, I'm also looking for the same advice. Has anyone any recomendations on mortgage advisors or companies that help with foreign mortagages for contractors?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X