• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    It's cheaper to leave the UK.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ( called ? )
    <a href="http://www.pcg.org.uk/membership/pcgplus/" target="_blank">PCGPlus</a>

Includes the following;

- Professional Expenses Insurance (PEI) and all the other benefits of standard membership
    - PAYE Audit Cover
    - Creditsafe Fee Recovery Service
    - Access to the Ashridge Virtual Learning Resource Centre (VLRC)
    - Access to 24-7 business information portal
    - Printed copies of PCG publications

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Apparently, the standard PCG membership insures you for legal help in the proper IR35 investigation but not the initial PAYE trawl by the IR. The higher class of membership ( called ? ) covers you for this initial PAYE investigation also. I've been too lazy/tight to upgrade since I learnt this but will do soon.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I looks like a letter requesting a meeting to review your PAYE procedures.

Best to refuse a face to face meeting and call in the experts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    what does the trawl look like?

Demand in the mail, forms, personal visit from bailifs?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yup...and worth getting insured against

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic IR35

IR35

Has anyone here had a PAYE compliance visit from the IR a.k.a an IR35 trawl?

Just wondered as I haven't (touch wood) and was trying to get a feel for just how likely this would be.

Working...
X