• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is this country coming to ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this country coming to ?

My niece has always had her heart set on a career with the police (perhaps she is insane ?)

Rather a long time ago she contacted the police recruitment people and expressed her desire to join them, filled in a load of forms and was told to let them know when she got her final exam results.

She is a very bright young lady and recently got her exam results - "A" in numerous subjects.

As instructed she contacted "plod" to let them know her results.

They have written to her, congratulated her on the results,thanked her for her interest and then let her know they are only recruiting blacks and/or homosexuals.

FFS- what is wrong with this country

I have told her to write to them and confess to being a raving lesbo who enjoys nothing more than the furry muff, especially non-white ones

Not sure she will take my advise though !

that is absolutely insane.

if the letter actually says that can't she sue for discrimination?
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

If you have a document from Plod saying that

Originally posted by eternalnomad
      My niece has always had her heart set on a career with the police (perhaps she is insane ?)

Rather a long time ago she contacted the police recruitment people and expressed her desire to join them, filled in a load of forms and was told to let them know when she got her final exam results.

She is a very bright young lady and recently got her exam results - "A" in numerous subjects.

As instructed she contacted "plod" to let them know her results.

They have written to her, congratulated her on the results,thanked her for her interest and then let her know they are only recruiting blacks and/or homosexuals.

FFS- what is wrong with this country

I have told her to write to them and confess to being a raving lesbo who enjoys nothing more than the furry muff, especially non-white ones

Not sure she will take my advise though !
      then after writing to your MP, local paper, any nationals you think aren't too verminous, then you find out how to sue for discrimination.
      Why not?

Comment

My youngest brother is a copper and from his experiance you are far more likely to get in if you are a little older. They arn't keen on school leavers or graduates, regardless of qualifications, cos they have no "life experiance". Late twenties to early thirties is the best age to apply.

Anyone with a military background also has a head start. A 5 year stint in the armed forces would be a good start.

If she's really that keen she could apply to the specials as a way in.

Mind you, it's not a job I'd want from some of the stories he tells. He loves it though.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Have you noticed how few police officers in the UK are of Innuit or Samoan descent?

Comment

A friend of my brother is a copper and some of the stories he tells are amazing too

Comment

Kerching! Jackpot!!

Engage lawyer immediately...

A police force has paid compensation to a would-be officer it turned down due to "positive discrimination". Ralph Welsman was one of 186 people removed from selection in favour of women and members of ethnic minorities by Avon and Somerset Police. The settlement means the case will not go before an employment tribunal but it could mean other unsuccessful applicants decide to sue.

Pay out to would-be policeman

Comment

LB's right.

A letter like that, a smart lawyer clued up on race relations and human rights issues will make your niece a tidy sum in compensation.

Keeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!

Comment

Shame she couldn't get in but if she's looking for a career where incompetence, ineffectuality, rudeness and laziness are valued Perhaps she should consider local government instead?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Yeah but in local government

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Shame she couldn't get in but if she's looking for a career where incompetence, ineffectuality, rudeness and laziness are valued Perhaps she should consider local government instead?
                    You don't have the opportunity to watch people 'fall down the stairs'.
                    So often.
                    Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X