• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is this country coming to ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who think I am a scrounger - do they pay £68-a-week rent and £51-a-week on council tax? We are paying that - not the council or the social.

"And my wife goes to work in the evening."

And you don't go to work at all mate - scrounger definitely! And £51 a week council tax - is he sure?? And only 6 kids live with him as the other 8 are with his 3 previous partners - something in the water do you think

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
      Eternalnomad is right. What gives us evil, middle class, tax dodging, earning scum the right to criticise the Pisspot family. There's 17 of them and they need that level of benefit money. I mean, just look at their daily food bill...

Breakfast: 17 x Bacon and Egg McMuffin Meals @ £1.99 = £33.83
      Lunch: 4 x KFC Megabucket Family Meals @ £12.99 = £51.96
      Dinner: 17 x Whopper Meals @ £3.49 = £59.33

That's £145.12 per day on food alone, a whopping £52,968.80 per year - and that's without even any Sunny D to wash it down with!

We should hang our heads in shame at not doing more to support this needy family.

More than that, I feel a cloud of black burning shame.

To exonorate my guilt,I will donate my Cycling Profiency Certificate (1969) as a token of solidarity.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 March 2006, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        I'll wager good money that not all the kids came out of the 2 "wives". But I take your point re: not touching the sides. Perhaps he's using the tradesmen's entrance
        Erm..if he is using his brown wings, I'd be very surprised that the 'ladies' are able to have so many kids. A-Level Biology was a few years ago for me but I'm pretty sure that one cannot get up the duff using slot 2.

On a more cheerful note, do you think the bits of sweetcorn stuck in his 4-skin cause him much discomfort?

Comment

A guy phoned up LBC this morning and said that he was paid benefits by the government for sitting in a pub all day drinking beer and occaisionally reading poetry to the customers.

He thought this was perfectly acceptable and the presenter said what if the publican paid for his poetry reading, he said no, he didn't accept sponsorship and it was only fair that these "rich bankers and lawyers should pay for his lifestyle".

A government official was quoted to say that this wasn't what the benefits system should be about. Well, no shit Sherlock...

Apparantly, the radio station was inundated with requests from incensed listeners for the location of this pub in London so the guy could get a good kicking and shown the error of his ways.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

A guy phoned up LBC this morning and said that he was paid benefits by the government for sitting in a pub all day drinking beer and occaisionally reading poetry to the customers.
            Sounds remarkably like our Alf

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Sounds remarkably like our Alf

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am a wage slave paid for sitting in a warm office in Brussels and occasionaly writing poetry or suchlike, I have to endure the indignity of being asked to actually do something now and again much to my annoyance.

However I have found the tactic of tutting loudly when being asked to perfom some mundane IT task soon cuts down on these pesky interruptions to my poetic indeed holographic train of thought.

Still nice of you to bear me in mind DP.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 March 2006, 16:22.

Comment

Working...
              X