• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is this country coming to ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    LB's right.

Keeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!
    Although the sum paid has not been disclosed, it is believed to be approximately £25k, so basically your niece would be mad not to get in there for a slice of the action.

Comment

I have just contacted my sister to encourage her daughter to see the local legal bods "litigation-r-us"

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
        I have just contacted my sister to encourage her daughter to see the local legal bods "litigation-r-us"
        It might be worth noting that if she realy realy wants to be plod then this action may be detrimental to her career, though probably not
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          It might be worth noting that if she realy realy wants to be plod then this action may be detrimental to her career, though probably not

Strange thing is that she STILL wants to join plod ! (maybe she suspects her uncle is upto something dodgy )

Comment

Strange thing is that she STILL wants to join plod ! (maybe she suspects her uncle is upto something dodgy )
            Nah, if that was the case she'd be signing up to HMRC
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              In which case she should re-apply as a lesbian next time, and then sue them again.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

They have written to her, congratulated her on the results,thanked her for her interest and then let her know they are only recruiting blacks and/or homosexuals.
                That's illegal!

On racial grounds that is.

One force has just been thumped with a big fine for doing the same thing, although in this instance it was because they dumped a load of applications from white men and kept the ones from women and minority racial groups.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                  That's illegal!

On racial grounds that is.

One force has just been thumped with a big fine for doing the same thing, although in this instance it was because they dumped a load of applications from white men and kept the ones from women and minority racial groups.
                  It is indeed illegal, which is why I don't believe Eternal Nomads story. It's one of those "Daily Mail" urban myths.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

speaking of 'what is this country coming to", thats kinda what some 49yr old in Derbyshire said when his council refused to rehouse him, his 13 kids (+1 on the way), wife and mistress (!) on the grounds that he was in their biggest house already.
                    Obviously he works hard to support his fami.....oh i'm sorry he doesn't. He gets £2k a month benefits - go on, hands up if you're surprised. I'll tell you what mate. Keep your fcuking dcik in your pants, get a job, pay tax and THEN come and talk to me you scum.

Ooooh i could crush a grape.....
                    Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik
                      speaking of 'what is this country coming to", thats kinda what some 49yr old in Derbyshire said when his council refused to rehouse him, his 13 kids (+1 on the way), wife and mistress (!) on the grounds that he was in their biggest house already.
                      Obviously he works hard to support his fami.....oh i'm sorry he doesn't. He gets £2k a month benefits - go on, hands up if you're surprised. I'll tell you what mate. Keep your fcuking dcik in your pants, get a job, pay tax and THEN come and talk to me you scum.

Ooooh i could crush a grape.....
                      Why are you angry with him? If a system exists, people will use it. Blame Clement Attlee - he started all of this crap welfare state bollocks.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X