• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's going on at PCG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak
    It most certainly wasn't, Stacky.

I've got iron knickers and sharp teeth....
    Don't forget the heels...<kiss>

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
      You lot wouldn't last five minutes with the moderators over there. Some bird dobbed in a couple of members for insulting her, and they got indefinite bans.

It was only some bird for god's sake.

Cojak, was it you?
      Id be quite upset after paying their horrendous fee's only to be kicked out after my first run in with a pc moron!

Then again, given some of the absolute dribble posted here Id also be upset if we paid for the rubbish we get to read here daily!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
        It seems to be going on in General and Lounge Mordac.

I don't really give a toss what goes on in the forums Mailman. I've paid my subs to benefit from discounted insurance and member benefits (IR35 investigation support and the like).
        Have you ever considered using the other forums and out of interest is there a reason you have not.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
          Have you ever considered using the other forums and out of interest is there a reason you have not.
          Very possibly the same reason I haven't. Too busy posting crap on here.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            Very possibly the same reason I haven't. Too busy posting crap on here.
            That's no excuse I manage it!

Seriously. As a CC member of the PCG I am interested in genuine reasons why people may choose not to use the forums on the PCG. There is a wealth of useful information there.

Comment

It's pobably the moderation

Originally posted by zathras
              That's no excuse I manage it!

Seriously. As a CC member of the PCG I am interested in genuine reasons why people may choose not to use the forums on the PCG. There is a wealth of useful information there.
              speel-chocker? Whit speil-chackir?
              Why not?

Comment

Zathras' use of written English has regularly been described as Sudoku for grammarians. You ain't going to get him to change now!
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Reply to Zathras

I was making a bit of a sweeping statement there Zathras. I do look in Technical and Client/Agency matters and the like and have found them useful. I don't use General that often and don't bother with the Lounge at all.

Actually, reading the 'Paulm is no more' thread I do have more sympathy with the 'old school'. They are trying to cope with the 'death' of their old forums and PCG 'club' and are dismayed at interlopers like me. I've been seduced by the offers of discounted insurance and the like (you old rogue Mal! ) and am not that interested in their kind of 'buddy' clique.

The problem for them is that it's more of a business these days - I've paid me money and joined for different reasons than them. But I have requirements too and they're not the same as theirs.

It's probably a good thing they're moving off to another forum - they can have their club back; I won't be following them...
                  Last edited by cojak; 16 March 2006, 20:44.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Long time since I looked at it Z, but the problem may be a very simple technical one. Seem to recall you had to click on every post to read it, after the umpteenth click only to find something not worth reading, it hardly seemed worth the effort. This site as much better as you can simply scroll through to find that none of the posts are worth reading.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Xog is correct: the PCG forum layout is utterly tulipe. Just getting back to the previous topic is ludicrously onerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X