• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the longest contract then anyone here has had ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatively : Max no of extensions.

Who's the recordholder ? (got a feeling it's one of the big posters)

I started at current contract location towards the end of the previous century. I expected it to be a 6 monther as I was standing in for the then dba who was on maternity leave. She came back and was reassigned. She's been off having yet another sprog and returned again in the meantime.

When I started there were contractors who had been there five years or more. They're still there.

It's a very convenient location for me and undemanding so as long as they offer renewals I'll take them. I've been expecting the whole place to go tits up for at least 4 years now.

Comment

2.5 years.

Comment

4 1/2 years
        7 extensions

Comment

6 years - Sep 1996 to Aug 2002

Comment

I'm still at the place I joined in May 1992.

I did officially leave (twice) 2/3 years ago, but in practise I've averaged six months a year there since I "left."

Since May 1992 I have only worked one day at a different client. (Consultancy at main site who I had worked for elsewhere in 1991 asked me to help with a problem at a different client site of theirs.)

Comment

I'm still at the place I joined in May 1992.
              You didn't think the nickname "Disguised Employee" was ironic enough then, IR35 Avoider?

Comment

2 years exactly (funny enough longest i stayed in a permie position as well). Total of extensions :8

Comment

3 years and by the end I was ready to kill some of those permies.

Comment

I will have been a contractor for the same client for 17 years in August! Had other irons in the fire during this time but this 'long termer' has seen me through a couple of very bad times in the market. As regards number of contract extensions this is then I have no idea. There was one point where only 2-3 week contracts were being approved.

Comment

Working...
                    X