• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yesterday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, after all that expense the ring better be brilliant. Either that or you blew all the cash and it's a £50 jobby from Samuels. Maybe you can ebay the box afterwards, unless a jewellery box with built-in GPS is of much use
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

You must be MUCH more geeky IRL than I ever imagined you to be !!!
      - with all your festival going, I imagined you as a free spirit hippy type

But seriously, many many congrats!

<tune of "another one bites the dust" fades in>
      haha, I have many different sides to me, festival goer, adrenalin junkie, beer drinker, outdoorsy type, geek and cook being the main ones.. this is just a good way to be a bit geeky while working away, buy some new tools and toys which for once are actually needed and with a great end result, plus it keeps me out of the beergardens a bit
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Jeez, after all that expense the ring better be brilliant. Either that or you blew all the cash and it's a £50 jobby from Samuels. Maybe you can ebay the box afterwards, unless a jewellery box with built-in GPS is of much use
        hmm well, I thought about that and I'm going to line the box with felt type material so it can actually be used as a jewellery box (her's currently is some teenage tatty piece of crap) and as EO said, it'll make an interesting conversation starter/memory. Plus, she'll own it so I can't really ask to have it back and stick it on ebay.

Plus, it's not about the expense of it all, if that was the case I could just stick the ring in a bunch of 50's.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

So, tell us about the ring, whats it like?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            haha, I have many different sides to me, festival goer, adrenalin junkie, beer drinker, outdoorsy type, geek and cook being the main ones.. this is just a good way to be a bit geeky while working away, buy some new tools and toys which for once are actually needed and with a great end result, plus it keeps me out of the beergardens a bit
            That was my guess
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              I've added into the program at 25, 40, 45, 49 and 50 certain messages letting her know that she's used up half the chances, a few chances left, in 5 chances it will lock for 3 months, be very careful and finally at 50 it says "box locked. 3 months until next retry, powering down" and it switches off for 20 more button presses (not actually 3 months) and that's the reason I added the backdoor to gain access just incase she does not want to play along.
              Adding the backdoor option is always a good idea at this stage.

Lay the ground rules down early.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Because I am lost for words.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Nice one Chef!

I hope it all goes well and I'm sure the effort will be appreciated.

Did you use the VBB I mailed you about? Any good?

Comment

Working...
                  X