• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chirac he really gets on my goat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: No$h

The answer is to buy direct from farmers, but what if you don't live near a farmer?
    There are plenty of small operators who are cottoning on to consumer disatisfaction with the supermarket ethos of price over all who will supply you through the post. A quick Google will find you dozens. For a one stop shop, try these people who supply from several small farms in Devon (they come with a high personal recommendation)... devonrose.com

Mrs Lucifer used to keep chickens in the garden, but there's too many foxes in our area now for it to be practical. Fresh eggs from your own garden is bliss.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

plan to buy a few chickens and keep them in the garden. At least I'll have fresh eggs.
    You probably need planning consent to do that these days!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I buy all my meat direct from a small family run farm
    Lucifer, you've hit the nail on the head. Mrs Wage is disgusted by the quality of meat in the local supermarkets -as for the fish, which fat fecker ate it all??? The quality of food in Russia is much higher, as they haven't yet fully adopted the shrink wrapped produce culture and still rely on the basic ingredients for cooking.
    The answer is to buy direct from farmers, but what if you don't live near a farmer? It's just not practical to pop out to Somerset on a Thursday evening to get some lamb. As a result, we're forced to rely on racid junk from the chain supermarkets.

When I eventually get on the property ladder, I plan to buy a few chickens and keep them in the garden. At least I'll have fresh eggs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: food

Too many people think that London means Britain
    London should mean the GOOD things about Britain

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No$h

There is also the issue of ingredients quality
    Absolutely, but by buying from your local Tesco, you are saying "price is more important to me than flavour". The top quality ingredients are there, but not at Tesco (in just the same way that you will not get top quality ingredients at an Intermarche in France). I buy all my meat direct from a small family run farm. It is all free range and organic, matured properly, only fractionally more expensive than Tesco (in fact cheaper for some items) but several times better quality.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Chirac

Chirac looks like my old French master.

Thought I'd share that :b

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Drat
    Two threads about British food.

Too many people think that London means Britain - go and look outside of London (the only thing you can guarantee about any restaurant in London is that you'll pay more than the meal is worth).

There's plenty of good restaurants all over Britain. Usually you have to have local knowledge to find them, though - just like in France.

BTW sappatz - the jelly's there for the kids

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Chirac...

Well I have a soft spot for Paris, ever since I went out with Marie - <toot> <toot> Clotilde a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Chirac...

.... can somebody please wipe the smirk of his face. If there ever was a candidate for a smack in the face Chirac would be it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Bristish restaurants ?? :x

nobody wants to pay top ££££ to eat jellies :rollin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X