• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else following the Goldacre Vs McKeith twitter fight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Thought you were losing the plot there without a link!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Gillian McKeith?
      Jeezus, I would not trust her to count her tits and get the same number twice!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        There are plenty of men named and shamed in Goldacre's book Bad Science - Professor Patrick Holford gets a whole chapter to himself for the rubbish he talks about nutrition (including claiming that Vitamin C is more effective against HIV than AZT is), and the chapter about Matthias Rath (who persuaded the South African government that garlic was an effective cure for AIDS and "Western" medicines were poison) had to be left out of the first edition because he sued Goldacre and The Grauniad for libel in a case that cost them around £500,000 before it was finally thrown out.
        Thank you.

The problem is people seem to focus on Ms McKeith, rather than the more serious issues addressed by the book and just focus on someone who can be easily targeted by an ever hungry media.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          just focus on someone who can be easily targeted by an ever hungry media.
          Nice one. Saw what you did there!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I heard on the radio the other day that you should always be wary of someone who refers to themselves as a nutritionist. The term dietician is legally protected like doctor or dentist but anyone can call themself a nutritionist. Assuming that's true, I'm guessing McKeith is a nutritionist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I heard on the radio the other day that you should always be wary of someone who refers to themselves as a nutritionist. The term dietician is legally protected like doctor or dentist but anyone can call themself a nutritionist. Assuming that's true, I'm guessing McKeith is a nutritionist.
              True. I am also a nutritionist and using the non Dr's logic, I am recommending all basketball players eat kangaroo meat. If you want to be taller and thinner, eat snakes.

That'll be £50 please.

HTH (BIW)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                True. I am also a nutritionist and using the non Dr's logic, I am recommending all basketball players eat kangaroo meat. If you want to be taller and thinner, eat snakes.

That'll be £50 please.

HTH (BIW)
                Nice, but for double boomed, you should also start selling the kangaroo meat. Now that's a Plan B.

Comment

Good work Nick ;-) Just read your post on JoK

Comment

Good work Nick ;-) Just read your post on JoK
                    Good lord, Nick - two blog posts in a year!! It must be serious
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That'll be £50 please.

HTH (BIW)
                      Do you charge extra for looking at people's excrement?

I betcha thats where she makes her money

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X