• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adobe Flash Security Update Tries to Install McAfee Adware

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I tried it several times for each, and it seems that it's only Firefox users who get the McAfee thingy thrust at them for some strange reason
    Thanks for the thorough report Nick. The last time I got worried about Flash being out of date (12 months ago? 18 months ago?) I found something on mozilla.org which le me through checking what version I was using, and yesterday I went looking for that, but didn't find it.

I seem to recall an enhancement request/proposal for Firefox at that time which suggested a Flash version check, but don't know if it ever made it.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
    X