• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reputation and Post Counts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Indeed. Also known as the "Milan Benes" option.
    Steady on! Those tapes won't mount themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Steady on! Those tapes won't mount themselves!
      "Never make it past tape changer"
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Afternoon!

Just testing my new posting style.

More tea vicar.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Afternoon!

Just testing my new posting style.

More tea vicar.
          Bed wetting twat!

Just testing mine too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The reputation system allows you to vote for or against other people's posts. (You can also enter a reason for your vote.)

The votes for and against are aggregated and used to derive a score which is mapped to a description, which is then displayed with that user's posts. Over time, the idiots will gain more insulting descriptions and those who generally manage to make a useful contribution will get something more fulsome.
            Oh, I was confused about the monikers we already have like "more time posting than coding". Is this going to replace that or be in addition?

Also, do we really want posters voting on each other's posts on CUK? Even on fairly professional sites where people treat each other with respect, introducing a user-driven rating system can cause a lot of friction... sounds like a bloodbath in the waiting on CUK. I can't imagine SY01 lasting more than a day or two for instance. Such systems work when people vote on a post, but on CUK I am fairly sure people will vindictively target users they don't like.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              on CUK I am fairly sure people will vindictively target users they don't like.
              You say it like its a bad thing
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                You say it like its a bad thing
                Yep. Fighting face to face in a thread is fine, but going through every thread of someone you don't like and down-voting is hugely cowardly, and makes the points system useless.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Such systems work when people vote on a post, but on CUK I am fairly sure people will vindictively target users they don't like.
                  I'll get me coat now shall I?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Yep. Fighting face to face in a thread is fine, but going through every thread of someone you don't like and down-voting is hugely cowardly, and makes the points system useless.
                    typically CUK

Childish behaviour of the posters... would you really be that suprised?
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I thought there was going to be checks and measures in place to ensure that sort of thing couldn't happen
                      i.e. can't vote for the same user twice in a row and only a limited number of votes to cast per day
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X