• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kal
    replied
    Stayed here recently The President Hotel | Great Value in Central London from £86 | Imperial Hotels, central London location and for £86 quid a night you get a full English thrown in (plus stay 2 nights and you get a free 3 course meal in the evening), would recommend.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Hotel WiFi Speed Test

Although I still swear by my 4G MiFi device on a Three contract, not failed me once yet and 15gb for £15 a month

Leave a comment:

• Mulder
    replied
    Personally I have found Sky Go to be decent on a strong 3G signal though best if you can connect to a decent WiFi connection.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    £23 not bad. Cheapest I can get around here is £42. Bit too much for this crap rate contract.
    Get a better rate then if £42 a night is too much

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    £23 not bad. Cheapest I can get around here is £42. Bit too much for this crap rate contract.
    B2ADVANT gives you £5 off

its £5 off the total booking though so do multiple nights separately...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Prices drop at about midnight for that day. As I don't mind 2 of the local hotels I just go for whichever is cheaper and if its sky high just go home.

Paid £23 for tonight in central Leeds. will probably head to the cinema...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The super cheap rooms go in advance like train tickets; whether you can rock up and negotiate on the spot would be interesting to hear.
    First rule of hotel pricing: if the customer's at the front desk, charge them the full rate. They'll almost never go away again once they're in the building.

Even if you're standing outside the front door, phone them up.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Prices drop at about midnight for that day. As I don't mind 2 of the local hotels I just go for whichever is cheaper and if its sky high just go home.

Midnight for the next night I assume you mean? (Rather than having to book/checkin after midnight for that night).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The super cheap rooms go in advance like train tickets; whether you can rock up and negotiate on the spot would be interesting to hear.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X