• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG have won the Arctic S660a case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG have won the Arctic S660a case

Seems there are a couple of judges who understand UK law at last!
    Blog? What blog...?

How'd you find out so quickly, Malvolio? Are you at the court or something?

Hmmmm, so that's about £7k in back tax I need to reclaim from HMCR.

Comment

Arctic Case

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
        Steady Darren, this isn't the end, get ready for a response from the powers that be...

Comment

Arctic Case

Originally posted by Churchill
          Steady Darren, this isn't the end, get ready for a response from the powers that be...

Very true, given Gordon Brown's track record for coming up with "quality" pieces of legislation, should be an interesting response!!

Comment

Indeed, HMCR could (and if allowed to I'm sure they will) appeal to the House of Lords.

Comment

Fully expect them to, if they have been given permission, but let's wait until we see the detail of the ruling. The whole thing has been so wooly up to now either they have made another contentios decision or they have clarified it all properly. In the latter case, an appeal probably won't succeed. Either way, I suspect Gay Gordon isn't celebrating.

BTW, how did I find out so quickly? SMS and friends in high places seem to help...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                Fully expect them to, if they have been given permission, but let's wait until we see the detail of the ruling. The whole thing has been so wooly up to now either they have made another contentios decision or they have clarified it all properly. In the latter case, an appeal probably won't succeed. Either way, I suspect Gay Gordon isn't celebrating.

BTW, how did I find out so quickly? SMS and friends in high places seem to help...
                Are you talking about the creator of the 500k website? Nice work if you can get it...

<cue Threaded>

Comment

I couldn't possibly comment. Malvolio must keep his little secrets, doncherknow.

Anyway, everyone down the pub and get drunk. This is a major victory for the little people.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Indeed, an appeal to the House of Lords is almost a certainty if the judgement allows it (and if it doesn't that decision can itself be appealed). That could add on another year or two. After all, why not when the UK tax payer is paying your legal costs?

Comment

Working...
                    X