• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SRJ Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRJ Debt Recovery

Jokers, total jokers. Wrote to me about a week ago chasing me for a debt to Sky. I don't have a Sky account.

I rang them. They confirmed it was my previous address and they had to 'track me down' and I would be charged for this. I pointed out I still own my previous address and have personal and company mail redirects in place. Any mail that failed to be redirected would be collected by me on my numerous visits to the property.

I asked them to provide documentary evidence of the debt. Nothing. I informed them that if they pursued me I would consider it harrassment and I would take legal steps and I considered the matter closed.

Today there is ANOTHER letter. Pending ligitation yada yada. I called them.

Can I have your reference number? Can you confirm your first name and address. Ok. Can you give us a daytime telephone number? Ok, mobile given.

Then I start.

Me : Can I confirm your name. Fine. Can I confirm your address

Numbnuts : What my home address, no I won't give that out.

Me : The address of your work please.

Numbnuts : PO Box ....

Me : No, not a PO Box, your real address.

Numbnuts : This is the only address I am giving out.

Me : Coward. Ok fine. Would you please take this reference number

Numbnuts : <stammer> Wha.. what do you mean? I have given you the reference number.

Me : Sure. Here's mine. I will be using it in all future correspondance.

Numbnuts : I don't need to take a reference number. You have ours. You are obviously not ringing up to pay the debt.

Me : What debt? No I am not ringing up to arrange any payment. I am ringing to tell you what I am going to do to your company.

Numbnuts : My colleague spoke to you five days ago. You have had plenty of opportunity to .....

Me : YOU HAVE 7 WORKING DAYS TO APPLY TO ME IN WRITING WITH DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF THE DEBT. ANY FURTHER CORRESPONDANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED HARRASSMENT.

Numbnuts : I am terminating this call.

Me : Are you? How big of you. And all I wanted to do was discuss this matter.....

<click> ......

These clowns are all over every forum going harrassing OAPs over small debts they would rather pay than receive harrassing phone calls.

I shall write to them, quoting MY reference number as well as theirs. Also any letters will be charged at time and a half as it's Christmas.

Thanks for listening. Rant over.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Good rant, I enjoyed that. Possibly my favourite SY01 post ever, as it showed some balls for a change. Well done

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Good rant, I enjoyed that. Possibly my favourite SY01 post ever, as it showed some balls for a change. Well done

Comment

Ah! Unfortunately you responded to them and gave them 'your reference number' i.e. the one they gave you. I was reading ages ago that this has been used to argue that you have 'acknowledged the debt'. They will be on your case forever now.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Ah! Unfortunately you responded to them and gave them 'your reference number' i.e. the one they gave you. I was reading ages ago that this has been used to argue that you have 'acknowledged the debt'. They will be on your case forever now.
          Sounds like entrapment to me. That'll stack up in court.

Originally posted by ConsumerForums
          Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Send your letters by recorded delivery.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              WHS
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Where's Tingles when you need him?

Comment

I suspect you'll P them off more by allowing them to follow their due process, which costs them money, upto the point where it gets thrown out of court.

By the way, keep a VERY careful eye on your credit file - don't be surprised if they've registered the default on your credit file already

Comment

This may not be them but...

Name & Registered Office:
                    SRJ DEBT RECOVERIES LIMITED
                    52 NEW TOWN
                    UCKFIELD
                    EAST SUSSEX
                    TN22 5DE
                    Company No. 05064551

From compaines house website.. Checkout the post code on google maps.
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X