• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So at the airport this morning...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    You need a flip of a lot of explosive to reliably blow up a bridge or a power station though, and that makes storage and transport more tricky.
    Stolen lorry dumped across the railway line?
    Big bag of thermite on a suspension bridge anchorage?

Hang on, there's a knock at the door ...

Comment

Do you?

even if you only dent it the bridge will be closed for weeks for safety checks.

Strikes me if they truly wanted to cause mayhem then they could do it, look at Afghanistan & the IRA. From my limited understanding IED's seem fairly simple to produce.

Pylons & telegraph posts are also very easy targets in this age of battery powered grinders & chainsaws. IMHO -oops £chelon will love me.

I have the horrible feeling its like climate change there is a lot of money to be made and it keeps the proles under control.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I hate sentences that start with the word "so".

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Do you?

even if you only dent it the bridge will be closed for weeks for safety checks.
          Yes - Didn't the IRA target Hammersmith Bridge, more than once actually?

And I seem to recall it was closed for quite some time a few years ago. But whether that was a direct result of the bombing or just for overdue repairs I don't recall.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            I hate sentences that start with the word "so".
            So!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
            X