• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend me a podcast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a podcast

Bit bored with the music collection just now and the radio really seems to be sucking the big one these days. Wogan was the only thing I would listen to and he is away on hols, I ain't efnick so radio 1 is right out the window. Why anyone would want to listen to Jeremy Vine is beyond me, fat truck drivers moaning about immigration.

Think I might give podcasts a bit more time, so does anyone have any recommendations? Bit of sport, bit of news, bit of music?

http://hospitalrecords.com/broadcast/

http://electronicexplorations.org/
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I ain't efnick so radio 1 is right out the window.
      Wot's efnick gotta do wiv it? They hardly play any Reggae...

Actually, you might enjoy some of their evening shows through iPlayer, which focus much more on 'real' bands rather than pop. I loved Colin Murray's show but he left to do sport instead
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Stephen Fry's on iTunes and Radio 4 comedy (I'm sorry I haven't a clue etc) on bbc.co.uk
        We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
        - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Wot's efnick gotta do wiv it? They hardly play any Reggae...
          Don't know if anyone has read Tim Westwood's twitter site, fantastically hilarious. Son of a Bishop one day then the next it's all "big up massive, commin at ya, bass in the face, killa beats from me crew".

Comment

Westwood's great... not the music he plays but his persona. He's happy to make fun (subtly) of his 'act' when on non-rap shows.

On other shows, what's that one David Mitchell does? Never caught it but it might be worth checking out.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Rhod Gilbert on BBC Radio Wales - here
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Friday Night Comedy - R4
                Great when they have the News Quiz, tolerable when it's the Now Show.

Have (half-heartedly) searched for ISIHAC in vain.

Comment

It'd help if you said what you're into. The usual ones that are recommended are the Kermode film reviews and TWiT network.

The Ricky Gervais ones are good (just get the free ones)
                  PC Pro podcast for tech stuff
                  Remember When for 80's nostalgia
                  Scifi Now
                  HD Review
                  Swingers Weekly

Just get on itunes and have a rummage round the podcast section.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post

Just get on itunes and have a rummage round the podcast section.
                    I suspect the point of the question was to outsource this bit to board.

Comment

Working...
                    X