• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A long time without beaver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A long time without beaver

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/4380276.stm

Beavers are being reintroduced to the UK, 500 years after they were hunted to extinction for their fur.
    Six European beavers are to be released at Lower Mill Estate near South Cerney, Gloucestershire, and will be the first to roam wild in the UK for centuries.

The six adult rodents were caught in Bavaria in the spring and have spent the last few months in quarantine.

If the pioneering scheme is successful, it is hoped beavers can once again thrive in the British countryside.

Although the animals will be confined to a 500-acre site to start with, experts hope to remove the fences once the beavers have settled in so they can roam freely.

The beaver was hunted to extinction for its fur and the pain-relieving properties of its anal gland secretions.

Whereas, the American beaver can be destructive, environmentalists say the European species should be a force for good in the countryside.

It is vegetarian so it should not deplete fish stocks in rivers and the beavers could also help keep waterways clear of debris

There you go, wild German beavers now available in the UK.

on a similar topic did anyone see Qi the other night, they we talking about rimming beavers, apparently they have a substance similar to aspirin so no more excuses for having a headache, just rim a beaver and you'll be well away....
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

There you go, wild German beavers now available in the UK.
      hope they shave unlike some German Beaver I've known in the past.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        hope they shave unlike some German Beaver I've known in the past.
        Beavers are best left to enjoy their natural fur. Never seen the attraction in a bald beaver.
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

"Beavers are best left to enjoy their natural fur. Never seen the attraction in a bald beaver"

Can't see the atraction is a beaver which looks like Terry Waites allotment myself.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            Can't see the atraction is a beaver which looks like Terry Waites allotment myself.
            Nah, bald beavers are just wrong.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

how long until Tesco starts to sell beaver burgers / steak / etc.
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
              X