• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies to cull costly contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WageSlave
    They should hire me instead. ... I'm no bloody good and work shy ...
    you should fit in quite nicely, you seem like you are more capeable than some around here (BT aggghhh)
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      Perhaps the real reason why contractors will do overtime when asked is that they are renumerated for that, quite rightly permies dont want to work more hours when they recieve only Kudos rahter than Quids !

Alf, remunerated, now write it out one hundred times before dawn or I'll cut your balls off!

Comment

Permies are getting too expensive. Not with wages, but with all the increased employment legislation and other overheads.

At least that is something that contractors can thank New Labour for.

Comment

very good point Wendigo - in fact I've had 2 managers telling me exactly that in the last 2 sites I have been working at. They both said that overall, contractors like me werent' that much more expensive than equivalent permies.
          This emboldened me to ask for a rate rise of course - with 50% success rate
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Excellent news Bex. I've noticed rates in my humble occupation have risen a little more than average over the past year or so.

Comment

Working...
            X