• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do politicians take themselves too seriuosly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do politicians take themselves too seriuosly?

Stumbled on this - it's brilliant Official Monster Raving Loony Party
    Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

I do like the way their manfesto pledges end up becoming law, one example I can think up was Passports for Pets.

Also wasn't it they who pointed out the crass waste of the EU butter mountains?

One wonders if they are just like all politicians: because they say they are loonies, they aren't...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      I do like the way their manfesto pledges end up becoming law, one example I can think up was Passports for Pets.

Also wasn't it they who pointed out the crass waste of the EU butter mountains?

One wonders if they are just like all politicians: because they say they are loonies, they aren't...
      Aye Threaded

Well as you may recall I attended the same primary and secondary comprehensive as Mr Liam Fox whom in later years and nowadasys remains a close friend, he was always a tad narcissic by nature, I would venture that is one of the basic traits of politicians.

Comment

They have an impressive shadow cabinet (c):

* Mr R.U.Seerius (Shadow Minister of Manifestos & Cronky Caravans.
        * Dave Savage (Shadow Minister of Hair)
        * The Flying Brick (Shadow Minister for the Abolition of Gravity.
        * Colonel Cocoa-Bean (Shadow Minister of Chocolate)
        * Lloyd Clarke (Shadow Minister of Glowing)
        * John Ord-Clarke (Shadow Minister for Hastings)
        * Lord Toby Jug (Shadow Minister for Jugs - THE POT KIND )
        * Flash Gordon Approaching (Shadow Minister of Speed)
        * Long Tall Sally (Shadow Minister of Long Stockings)
        * Mad Cow Girl (Shadow Minister for around the world in Eighty Days)
        * Lady Penelope Thunderbird of Tracey Island (Shadow Minister of Pink Rolls Royces)
        * Baron Von Thunderclap (Shadow Minister for Transport, Saving The Dodo & Decimal Time)
        * Dancing Ken Hanks (Shadow Minister for Happiness)
        * King Eddy Vee the Yorkshire Elvis (Shadow Minister of Yorkshire Tea, puddings & Elvis)
        * Andy The Hat (Shadow Minister of Mayor of London)
        * Johnny Wood and his Sock (Shadow Minister of Vampires)
        * Crazy Crab (Shadow Minister of Clogs and Three Wheels)
        * Jake Mangle Werzle (Shadow Minister of Misery and King of the Eccentrics)
        * The Jersey Flyer a.k.a. Baron Baskerville, The Dartmoor Loony (Shadow Minister for Crazy Adventures, Imbibition, and and the Welfare of Insane Moorland Ponies)
        * Baron Harryhog of Prickly Bottom (Shadow Minister for the Upkeep of Loony Hedgehogs) Duke de Ranged (Shadow Minister for Red Tape, Blue String and Yellow Ribbon)

Comment

Working...
        X