• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Grimsby such a bad place to be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Grimsby such a bad place to be?

grimsby piccie

Cheap place to live. Next to the sea. Close to wide open spaces (Lincolnshire).

Oh, and great fish n chips!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    grimsby piccie

Cheap place to live. Next to the sea. Close to wide open spaces (Lincolnshire).

Oh, and great fish n chips!
    It isn't called GRIMsby for nothing!
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      It isn't called GRIMsby for nothing!
      That's to deter superficial southerners!
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        That's to deter superficial southerners!
        Nope I'm from Manchester. Steels is a good fish restaurant up the road in Cleethorpes. Not really an area I recommnd to be quite honest though.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Its f$cking freezing here in London. Call me a southern wuss, but I'd freeze my b*ll*cks off in Grimsby.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Grimsby's nothing special, but it's not in the same league as Southern tulipholes like Reading, Basingstoke, Croydon etc

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Grimsby's nothing special, but it's not in the same league as Southern tulipholes like Reading, Basingstoke, Croydon etc
              Not forgetting High Wycombe and Slough. Eurghh.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                Its f$cking freezing here in London. Call me a southern wuss, but I'd freeze my b*ll*cks off in Grimsby.
                Southern wuss

Our fishmonger delivers to our door and comes from Grimsby. Jolly nice chap too.

Comment

My Dad worked there in the 60s. Grim Grimsby was how he and his colleagues described it. Arsehole of the Universe was another epithet.

Comment

Spent some time in Burnley, that was grim, not a patch on Cumbernauld though.

Comment

Working...
                    X